Ten

Alex

Winston Williams

That was the name which kept me awake most of the night.

After the awkward moment between us yesterday, Tyler joined us and we returned back to the school. Winston acted normal, so I didn't see why shouldn't I too.

We exchanged numbers, and he messaged me last night to ask about the Spanish homework. We had a decent chat through texts.

A normal conversation between two classmates. Nothing weird.

But still I wasn't able to forget how it actually felt nice to talk with him, share things with him. I wanted someone to not judge me, to not know things about me, and when he kept his hand on mine, it was enough for me to know how much he fitted my expectations.

Because someone liking me after knowing what I've done was kind of difficult. They would already know how fucked up I actually was.

I still had my doubts of being gay, and I didn't wanted to label myself just yet but I knew it would be best to clear everything.

My life was messy, I get that.

But according to what Zach told me, my life wasn't the only one. After arriving at school today, he informed me what happened yesterday with him and Clay, and to say I was shocked would be an understatement.

I'm pretty sure getting arrested by the campus police on a college tour wasn't in anybody's bucket list.

But Zach and Clay has managed to do that too.

So much for keeping a low profile.

Not to forget, Clay was the one telling me to watch over Tyler, who was actually normal during the whole tour.

My mind was thinking over all this, when I turned left for my Spanish class and none other than Clay Jensen came infront of me.

I totally forgot that his locker was in this hallway.

"Hey, why'd you asked me to watch over Tyler?"

Clay stared at me for a second, as if trying to remember what I was talking about.

"Why didn't you text me last night?" He asked back, clearly ignoring my question.

"Because nothing happened on the tour." I replied truthfully. "Did you think something would?"

Clay stayed silent.

"You still believe him, right?" I asked, because I still believed Tyler.

I've seen Tyler's progress. There was no doubt he was recovering from the trauma Monty put him through. He wouldn't risk everything by outing the truth.

"Of course." Clay agreed, but his face was saying something else.

"Really?"

"Yeah," He replied. "I just didn't want him to do anything that might draw attention."

Look who's talking.

"Oh, you mean like getting arrested at a frat party?"

When I sarcastically mentioned that, he looked at me in confusion.

"Yeah, I got the report from Zach this morning." I informed him, as he nodded in realisation. "Um, what the hell happened? Are you okay?"

Even if we are not so good friends, Clay was the one always asking me this. After what I did, he was still there. Protecting me, lying for me. I can atleast pay attention if he was okay.