Two

Alex

"Where are you sneaking off too?" I interrupted Peter's plans of exiting the house without anyone's knowing. I was in the living room, continuosly calling Zach, when I saw my brother.

"Shh." He shushed, and looked around to see if anyone else was around. "I thought you were going out."

"I am." I replied, gesturing to the fact that I was already wearing my jacket. "Just waiting for a friend."

He nodded, and looked like he was in a hurry to get out of the house.

"So, where are you exactly sneaking off to?" I asked him again, as he looked guilty.

"Don't tell Mom or Dad, but I haven't brought their Christmas presents yet." He admitted, and I couldn't helped but chuckled at him.

"Seriously, Peter? You forgot to buy presents?"

"Yeah, I know." He said, grimacing to himself. "I'm already feeling guilty enough. That's why I was going to the mall."

I couldn't believe that my brother actually forgot the Christmas gifts, given that I already brought mine nearly two weeks ago.

To tell the truth, I bought the gifts because I was already at the mall and Zach had stood me up, again.

Like he was doing at the very moment.

I saw the car keys in Peter's hand, and knew I should atleast take advantage of this.

"I need a favour." I said, as he looked at me with confusion. "I need you to drive me to a friend's house. Like, right now. Or else I'm pretty sure Mom would be interested to hear about your Christmas gifts for us."

He knew I had him, that's why with an annoyed look on his face he just gestured me to follow.

I smirked to myself. Victory.

Shooting a quick text to Zach, I followed my brother to his car and got in the passenger seat.

I gave him the address to Clay's house, and he started the car giving me a confused look.

"You aren't going to Tyler's today?" Peter asked, as I gave him a questioning look. "Mom said you've been spending time at his house."

Trust Mom to tell him everything about me, even if he just returned from college yesterday.

"Justin's coming back today." I replied. "He was in rehab, so we all are meeting to welcome him."

He nodded, and to avoid any further chat I started the music player. A Bleachers song was playing and we both sat in silence.

It has been weeks since we all met. After we framed Monty, everyone knew it wouldn't be safe to be seen together in school. Only 2-3 of us kept meeting each other. Then there were exams and we all got busy.

I started to spend my time with Tyler, because he needed us, and after the whole tapes thing last year we both became good friends.

Also, because Zach has been ditching me. I actually don't know what's up with Zach, he just seemed to not care anymore. But I still cared about him, as he cared for me when I was a cripple, a person who tried to kill himself.

Along with Tyler, I got to know Charlie. He also testified against Monty, and that was a brave thing to do seeing Monty always thought of him as a brother.

Charlie was 2 years younger than us, but after Zach hurted his knee and Monty got arrested, the coach made him the football team captain. He was a nice guy, as unexpectedly that can be, seeing he was one of 'jocks' before everything happened with Bryce and Monty.