Fifteen

Charlie

"Look, I don't have to tell you guys that you set an example for how boys at this school behave." Jessica was saying during her HO workshop to the team in our locker room.

Coach called me earlier today to inform me about this workshop. Apparently, they were planning it for a long time but didn't knew when to arrange it. And then they felt today was a good day, because it was Valentine's day.

And tomorrow was the dance, so they didn't wanted any incidents to happen.

I haven't decided if I even wanted to go to this dance. I didn't have a date yet, and wasn't even planning on asking anyone. But according to my teammates, one person has been searching for me since the morning.

After the incident with Betty on game night, I had successfully avoided her like she was a plague. She had tried to stop me many a times in the hallway and I always had a reason ready for her. I really thought that she would leave me alone after I snapped at her, but the girl wasn't backing away. The point is, she wasn't the person I wanted to go to the dance with. Even if the person I wanted was busy hanging out with another guy.

Whenever I saw Alex these last few weeks, Winston would always be there around him. Tyler would be there too, but he didn't glance at Alex the way Winston does.

And that was my only problem with him.

It was like the new guy didn't have any other friends apart from Alex and Tyler. He was in the yearbook committee, that's why he and Tyler became friends in the first place. And Alex was friends with Tyler so all of them hung out together. I didn't have a problem with Winston being just friends, but the looks he give Alex, damn.

Yes, I was jealous.

"I don't have to tell you..."

"So don't tell us." Luke interrupted Jessica and the boys behind me snickered too.

I was sitting beside Justin, as Luke and Diego sat on the bench infront of us. Most of the other boys were sitting behind us.

"Dude, come on." I snapped at him. "Show some respect."

I was the team captain, I had to keep everyone in check.

"What? She said she couldn't tell us anything we don't already know." Luke said while pointing towards Jessica.

"Well, considering you don't know shit, Luke, you might wanna rethink that." Diego stated, which made all the guys start laughing again.

"Come on." I said as I look behind me, but everyone just ignored me.

Then a loud whistle was heard which brought everyone's attention back in.

"Guys!" It was Diego. "Everybody just shut the hell up and listen to the lady."

Diego was a born charmer, no doubt, and Jessica understood it too because she took some time to get back on track.

"What I can tell you is this. Courage on the field doesn't mean shit unless you have the courage to stand up to each other when you're being fucking dicks."

Everyone was quietly listening to her talk now, even if there may be people like Luke who didn't give a shit about what she says.

Most of the boys on the team didn't like Jessica, seeing she was always against our sports.

When I first joined the team, I didn't understand her too. Monty had fed me with bullshit about her, and she was always trying to get the sports suffer. Like decreasing our funding and trying to cancel the homecoming game.