Seventeen

Charlie

"You must be Charlie." A tall brown-skinned man had opened the door. "Jessica's friend?"

"Yes, Sir." I nodded to the dominating personality infront of me. "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Davis."

Everyone in the town knew who Greg Davis is, and being a U.S. Air Force Pilot he did have a confidence personality but his eyes were kind and matched with Jessica's.

I shifted the flowers to my left hand and forwarded my right hand to shake. He gripped my hand firmly and nodded in content.

"Glad to see that atleast one of Jessica's friends have manners." He stated as he let go of my hand. "You aren't a senior, are you? Because you look younger."

"No, Sir." I replied. "I'm actually a sophomore."

"Then how are you and Jessica friends?"

Because we framed one of my now-dead teammates for a murder.

"I worked at Crestmont in the summer too, Sir." I replied as he narrowed his eyes at me. "That's where we met."

"And he is also in the football team, Dad." Jessica interrupted, as she joined us at the door. "Charlie is the quarterback and captain of the football team."

Jessica was wearing a black dress, in which she was looking very beautiful. But I was still afraid to even compliment her.

"Really?" Mr. Davis asked, as he looked at me in surprise. "That's hard to believe with all the manners this young man's showing. Why can't you have more friends like him?"

I'm proud to say that parents like me.

"Charlie," Jessica said, giving me a knowing smile. "I see you brought flowers."

"Oh, yeah." I handed the bouquet to Jessica. "I didn't knew which flowers you liked, so I just brought lilies. Hope you don't mind."

"Thanks, Charlie." She nodded, as she widened her eyes at the fact that I actually brought her flowers. "I'll keep them in the water, wait for a minute."

I nodded as she went inside her house. Her father stayed outside and looked at me with his observing eyes.

"You're Victor's son, aren't you?" He asked me as I nodded. "I know your father through Booster Club. He had once told me his son is the quarterback."

Dad had always been proud that I played football. He was the one who taught me this game from the age of five, and I have always loved every second of it.

"I don't know about you much, so listen me to me clearly." He stated, with a warning tone. "Try anything out of order with my daughter, and the next thing you will have me to answer to."

Should I just tell him that I'm already afraid of his daughter?

"Ofcourse not, Mr. Davis." I assured him. "I promise you I'm nothing like you're thinking. She is my friend."

"Let's go then?" Thankfully Jessica appeared with a black clutch in hand, and kissed her father's cheek. "You should sleep now. Goodnight."

"Take care of yourself." Her father smiled at her, then turned to me with a stern look. "Hope I'll see you again, Charlie."

I nodded at him and we made our way to my car.

Like a gentleman I had decided to be tonight, I went to the passenger seat's side and opened the door for Jessica. She looked at me in surprise and got in the car.

"Alright, Cookies, I wanna clear some things first." She said, once I was seated behind the wheel and started the engine. "We are not going to literally dance at this dance."