Eleven

Charlie

It has been three weeks since school started after the winter break, and two weeks since the vandalism.

And today was the first game of the basketball season.

We got the news this Monday that the remaining football game with the Hillcrest team is now officially cancelled. Both the school boards finally decided that there's no point of playing the game now, as basketball season is starting and everyone should be focussing on it.

So I was now officially free from sports.

I am not like happy about it or anything, but still after the craziness of last semester it felt nice to not be in a rush about winning a match for sometime.

Basketball isn't my sport, so I was going to actually enjoy the game by sitting in the bleachers cheering for the team.

After the final bell rang for today, I bid farewell to all the players in my class and made my way towards my locker.

The excitement for the game was noticable around me, everyone was talking about who is going with who, where are they meeting. It was kind of nice to see this school spirit for the team, which was last seen before the Homecoming game.

Shame how that night actually ended.

I turned right in the hallway and was about five feet away from my locker, but my legs stopped at their own seeing a certain person coming my way.

Betty.

She was with her cheer friends, and was talking excitedly about something.

My first thought was to hide, so I looked at the classroom at the right which just happened to be the Yearbook room.

Atleast, I will talk with Tyler.

I opened the door to the room and quickly shut it behind me, hoping Betty or none of the cheergirls saw me coming in here.

Looking through the glass in the door, I saw them pass by without even glancing at my way.

I sighed in relief, because I wasn't in the mood in hearing her voice anytime soon.

"Charlie, who are you hiding from?"

Now this voice belonged to someone I would like to listen to everyday.

I turned around and looked at Alex, who was sitting on a stool near the desks. But he wasn't alone, the new Hillcrest kid was there with him beside.

"Oh, hey, Alex." I waved at him. "Didn't saw you there."

"Yeah, I was just waiting for Tyler. He is getting his camera ready for the match, changing the memory cards and all."

I just nodded in return, as I actually didn't knew what to say infront of the Hillcrest kid.

"So, who are you hiding from?" He asked me again, giving me a look and pointing at the door.

"I am not hiding." I lied, because I couldn't explain the Betty situation to him right now. "I actually came in to meet Tyler. We haven't hung out in days, so I thought I'll give him a lift or something."

"Oh, actually Winston here is giving us a lift home." Alex informed, then suddenly realised that I maybe didn't knew this Winston person. "Shit, you two maybe haven't met yet. Charlie, this is Winston."

I smiled, shaking hands with the said person.

"And Winston," Alex continued. "This is Charlie. He is..."