Chapter Three

He watched her rotate the pencil in her fingers as she searched her phone in the opened textbook

He watched her rotate the pencil in her fingers as she searched her phone in the opened textbook. The class was a big room with seats sitting in singular six columns, all facing ahead towards the white board and Mrs. Berry's brown square table and herself. She was a spender tall lady in a set of blue jeans and a dress shirt on top with grayish golden hair and dark eyes. Unlike her name, she wasn't as sweet. The rest of the classroom walls around were covered in cork board, stuck with body and plants anatomy posters, along with some forms about school activities.

He sat in a last middle row before the one was plastered against the right wall of the room and she sat in the last seat in the back. He'd found a seat near her for the first time, it being a couple seats ahead in his column.

Mrs. Berry was still explaining the construction of a lung when, he turned his head again and found her squinting at her screen as if a worry or a confusion was setting in. He was interested in the way her lids were pale and it showed she was wearing a bit of make up but when his eyes traveled down her body, he noticed that the right hand that she was checking her phone with had a tattoo as well. On the back of her hand was a tattooed a black rose. It was shaded black from the outside of the petals but left a vaguely clean from the inside. It was a beautiful, especially when with a black band around her middle finger.

"Ms. Monroe! Care to share with the class the important involvement that my lecture is disturbing for you?"

She sighed at the screen and blinked before looking up with a flat look. Her eyes slowly trained to him and he blinked away, though still mesmerized by the sharp brown and a spark of gold in them.

"Nope." Her voice echoed and he found a few boys grinning at each other, a few girls giggle and some people rolling their eyes. Especially the smartest students in the class, judging her harshly. He only bit back his smirk.

"Detention." Mrs. Berry called out.

She didn't say anything.

Picking up her bag, she headed for the door and he smelled the grapes as she passed him.

"See you then." She spoke, casually leaving the class. Murmurs spread around the class but Mason could only watch with a hand under his chin. Difficult girl, definitely fucked up but interesting.

***

After the class ended, he headed out, only to have his arm squeezed almost yanked off of his body. He was slammed into a locker and a pair of lips crashed against his. He watched wide eyed as Bailey ate his lips off and then pushed her back a bit.

"What're you doing?" He asked.

"I missed you." She beamed.

"Bailey, I told you, we don't have a relationship." He shook his head, walking towards the stairs that led to the corridor below.

"Come on, Mason. We were amazing together."

She meant the bed.

"Yeah, sure, you were but I don't want anything more Bailey and I told you that before anything happened. You had a mutual feeling." He pointed out, shaking his head. He couldn't see her because her boots were clicking on the stairs behind him but he could feel the intense gaze on him. A shoulder bumped brushed past him but he heard a grunt from Bailey and watched her stare at Raina, who had bent just a little, holding her phone in a catch.