Chapter Thirty-Three

Four Months Later...

He checked his bags, making sure he hadn't missed anything.

"Mason, your things have been sent to the apartment." His father informed.

"Thanks, dad."

"You've got your passport?" His mum asked.

"Yep." He waved it at her.

"Your phone?"

He showed it to her.

"All your identification cards?"

"Right here, ma." He showed his wallet, "I'm all set." He snickered.

"Good. Good." She nodded.

"I'm going to get her, then Alex can drop us." Mason told her, running down the steps.

"Be careful!" She yelled and he waved it off, hopping out the front door. He looked around the street and ran straight across to the Richter's house. Reaching the front door, he rang the bell and after a few seconds, it opened, revealing a beaming Chloe in a blue sundress and loose hair.

"Hi, Mason."

"Hey, Chloe."

"Mason!" He heard just as they reached the lounge and soon felt a heavy tackle on his legs. Gabriel was grinning widely, standing in front of him. He was wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

"Looking sharp." He raised a fist and Gabriel bumped it, beaming.

"Mason, honey, glad you dropped by." Mrs. Richter came from the kitchen, in a body hugging, sleeveless dress, holding a translucent box of what seemed to be her fudge brownies in her fingers, "I made these for you. Raina says you have a sweet tooth."

"I do. Thank you." He groaned, "Speaking of that devil. Where is she?"

"Up in her room, cussing every clothing item she's ever owned."

He laughed.

"Stormy doing that?" He asked in surprise.

"You best go see yourself."

She had a knowing smile on her face, as if a shock or surprise awaited him. He gave her a squint eye before handing the brownies to Gabriel.

"Don't."

"Aha." He turned red, biting his lip. Mason ruffled his hair and jogged up the steps to her room. He knocked on it.

"Mum if it's Mason, tell him I'm not going!" She called out, "I can't..." He snickered, opening the door and she was nowhere to be seen, "...find anything appropriate for him." Her words grew louder. She was in the closet. He shut the door and snuck in there. His jaw dropped at her appearance, though he could only see her back. She was wearing a red, sleeveless flow top with floral patch behind the neck and bootie denim shorts.