Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Mason, you ass!" Raina fought as he scooped her shivering figure up from the couch and set her burrito in a throw in his lap. Her nose was red from the sniffles and voice came out nasal. She kicked her socked feet but he didn't let her go, "Let me go."

"Raina. Stop it. You are sick."

"I'm not. I don't get sick." She fought.

"You have the worst immune system in the house. Just because you pretend like you don't, doesn't mean that it's true." Mrs. Monroe spoke sweetly, or rather now that he knew her as Mrs. Richter. Raina pouted and he kissed her cheek. She pouted at him now.

He kissed her forehead.

"Oh, you suck."

"I think you do better." He whispered in her ear, very lowly when Mrs. Richter left. Her cheeks tinted and she bit her lip.

"Speaking of..." She started. Now his face burned.

"No. All night! I'm tired." He scolded, though something hardened inside.

"You are such a wuss, Mason. How you were popular with girls is beyond me?" She shook her head.

"Isn't it sad that that's in the past tense? We were popular."

"Mason, I'm not into threesomes. Even if it's with two guys." She played with the his sweater. He frowned.

"Yeah, no guys."

"Then no other girls." She cocked brows.

He kept pecking her cheeks and she smacked his face. He gasped and stared down at her dramatically.

"You dare hit me?" He muttered.

"Mason, don't you dare. Mason." She warned and he pressed a hard kiss on her cheek, "Mason." Her voice came out muffled, "Mwason!" She called out. He laughed and blew a raspberry in her cheek, "Ow, my Gwad!" She squealed and he laughed moving out. She rubbed her cheek on his chest and he could only try to control his cackles.

"Come on, now. You need to eat."

"Stop it. I'm not a baby."

"You're my baby."

"Ugh, Mason. When are you gonna-"

"Never. And you know it. Sit up. You weigh an elephant." He grumbled and she slid off but not before pounding him in his chest. He snickered, watching her pick up the cup of cream of chicken soup. It sounded gross to him at first but then he'd tried it and instantly desired more of it. She sniffled and sipped at it.

Just then, her phone buzzed on the table and he eyed the name on it.

Dad.

She stared at it, just like he did until he was the one to snatch the phone off of the table. She jerked up but he placed a firm hand around her cup and eased her answering the call on speaker.