Chapter Fourteen

"You alright there, Mate?" Gary asked as Mason stared at himself in the mirror of his locker. He was wearing his high school jersey red shorts with a silhouette tiger head on the right hip.

"Yeah." He released a deep breath.

"I'm neverous. Angela's coming."

"Ha-ha. You're more worried about your girl seeing you than winning the round?" Mason snickered.

"What and you aren't?"

"I don't have a girl." Mason's brows furrowed.

"Oh, please. Everybody knows you've got Raina Monroe hooked to you."

"The hell you sayin' man?" Mason looked away, feeling his entire body burning up. He was nervous about her showing. Though, a huge part of him was sure she won't show up but he really wished she would.

"Dont get me wrong but are you two... sleeping together? Because, I mean that's a blast. The most wanted chic and the player getting together. Highschool's all about this drama."

"Shut up, Gary."

"Look everybody knows that there is something happening between the two of you. She never hangs out with anybody. Ever. And suddenly, she's walking and talking with you. It's insane. Of course, a lot of girls claim that you're finally boning her but..." He shrugged. Mason's jaw clenched.

"Hey, there's more to her than the curves on her body." Mason argued.

"Chill." He chuckled, "I think it's good. Friends is fine. I mean you are a star of our school. First studies and now sports. She's a back bencher. I'm sure a good friend..." He raised hands, "But she's bad news sometimes." He shook his head.

"Can we not talk about her? We have a game to focus on now." Mason couldn't handle this anymore. Fighting for her would not only bring their team spirit or relationship down, it would also give him the wrong idea. One that most people were already assuming. Why was it that no one could believe that they could be friends as well?

"Sure. Sorry." He muttered.

Running finger through his hair, he followed his team out towards the pool to meet his coach by their benches. He was sitting wearing his jersey shirt on top and watched his teammates and the others, starting the first round. He chewed on his lip, thinking and looking around.

Avion High was well known for its consistency in winning every inter-school competitions and barely having a loss in their name. It was a difficult deal but he couldn't lose. Not when he finally had a chance to leave his mark in the athletics section of the school as well. He searched the crowd for familiar faces and he found Ben, waving like a goof. Blaze behind him and suddenly, a brunette popping out from beside him. She smiled and waved lightly.

She was here.

He grinned and scratched his jaw.

When his turn came, he took off his shirt and some hoots sounded from his school's cheering corner. He eyed Raina who rolled her eyes and shrugged. He cocked a brow and she tapped her stomach, holding up four fingers.