Chapter Twenty-Four

Raina sat on his bed, watching him as he walked out of the bathroom, wearing a towel after a good shower. Her legs crossed, elbows on her knees, supporting her face up, making her cheeks gather up like pudding in her palms.

"What?" He grinned, constricting his pecs to make her laugh like she always did.

"You have a bruise on your cheek."

"I know, badass, isn't it?" He checked it in the dresser's mirror and it faint eye shaped long bruise that ran his right cheek.

She didn't say anything and picked up her knees, scrunching them up to her chest. Her red cheeks now baggy and eyes staring into some oblivion in the earth below. He rubbed a hand on the back of his neck and with a sigh, he put on his joggers and walked to the bed.

"Whats on your mind?" He asked in a low tone, leaning beside her on his elbow and body laid on the length of the bed, though he hung from knees down.

"What were you thinking?" Her little thumb touched her lip, sticking out from the cluster of her sleeve around her hand.

"Well, he was being smug. I didn't like him."

"So, you beat him up?"

"You're saying that?" He snorted, "Who are you and what have you done to my Stormy?"

"Shut up." She rolled her eyes.

"Oh, come on, remember when you beat up Peter for misbehaving with Bailey." He justified, "I hate that he thought he could beat you around."

"Its his job. He's like... a punching bag who fights back."

"I think a punching bag might have a better fighting chance." He shrugged.

"Where did you learn to fight like that? I mean, I know junior and senior schools training program and they aren't like this."

"It was a therapy of sorts." He snickered at himself and she didn't say anything.

"Mason?" She called and he looked up, her eyes watered and nose red, "Thank you." She gulped heavy.

"Hey... what.." He crawled up on his bed and sat on his knees, "Come here, please?" He took her hands and she on her knees until he sat by the pillows and she straddled him, sitting in his lap, "Since when does big story cry so much?" He caressed her cheek.

"Just... the way you stood up for me... reminded me of someone who used to do that." She dropped her forehead against his.

"Well, I'm a fucked up dude." He answered and she snorted a laugh, dropping her forehead down into his shoulder. He wrapped tight arms around her, burying her into himself.

"You look uglier when you cry. Don't do it." He kissed her ear and she punched his chest, still buried in him. She groaned and rocked while cuddling her into him.