Chapter Twelve

Mrs. Monroe had offered him one of the guest bedrooms that she said was a spare in the hallway where her and her kids' rooms were. He was pleased that she cared so much. The bedroom that he got offered had a large bed with black cushioned boards and and thick mattress on top, covered in new white sheets. There were about six pillows on it and plushiness of the duvet and mattress combined was heaven. There was a window in left wall of the house and bed was set up against the right wall, facing the left. There was another door by the right wall and near the corner of left wall, across the room were seats and a couch, all brown and velvet. There was a fireplace in between and he smirked at that. To his left were small double doors that made that he figured made a wardrobe. The walls all grey, except the around the window. He sighed and entered, plopping on the bed.

As he swiped through his phone after connecting it to battery, he heard a soft yell that drowned too fast, outside. Alarmed he went out and found Raina running down the corridor with her phone plastered to her ear. Debating on whether to follow, he did.

The pitter patter on his bare feet made the operation easier and once he reached the top of the steps, he heard her pacing the lounge.

"No, I said give me time!" She hissed.

Paused for a while, then the phone came off of her ear and she stretched her arm to throw it away but stopped and eased. She disappeared in the corridor to the kitchen and in about ten seconds, returned with a giant tub of what seemed to be ice cream and a spoon. She came up the stairs and he jogged to his door, and just stood outside of it. Her feet didn't make a sound and he only heard her when she came upstairs and her socked feet, muffled a thud against the floor. She walked in with a sad face and tears, streaming down her cheeks. Now that was a surprise. She froze when she saw him and stared at the tub of ice cream. It was then that he noticed the translucent bottle of vodka in her fingers.

"Dont get drunk." He suggested. She walked to him and pushed the bottle in his chest before marching down the hall and disappearing in the last door of the hall to the left. He looked at the bottle for a bit and realized it was still capped. Chewing on his bottle lip, he fought with himself. Refraining from invading her privacy or check up on her. Raina was the kind of girl who seemed to hate it when people checked up on her so he went back to his room. Though, uneasy, he couldn't go there. He wanted to bug the hell out of her but he couldn't kick her down when she was depressed like so.

From the moment he'd been made aware of her attitude he had a pretty good idea of the status of her mind. Depression. He knew she fit that category because the person could only be that rude and mistrusting if something kicked them down in life and it seemed he'd been right on the money. The next thing that gnawed at his brain was the remembrance of her words.

I said give me time.

Who was bothering her? What did she owe? Was it something dangerous for her? Could she get into worse trouble than a high school student should be worrying about? Could it be her father?