Chapter Ten

"Mason?" He jumped at the voice sneaking behind him, "What are you doing standing behind the punch bowl?" He looked down embarrassed that he was hiding in a corner, keeping an eye on Felix and Raina.Sapphire waited for a response.

"Er... got bored." He nodded.

"You? The popular boy of the crowd?"

"I didn't enjoy the attention. What, uh, what're you up to?"

What a stupid question? He mentally slapped himself.

"The party? Mason, honey, are you okay?"

He nodded.

"Just a little tired. Long day at school."

She pouted a smile and rubbed his arm. Her smile turned into a frown as she looked past him.

"Ew, who is that Felix is talking to?"

Mason shut his eyes, composing the frustration. He looked back and Raina was grinning, talking to him.

"Erm, Raina Monroe. Lives nearby."

"She? God, I thought she was the help."

"Sapphire, be civil." He warned.

"I am civil. Look at all that ink? I bet she thinks it looks all cool and bad ass but its just so ridiculous. Im not trying to be mean Mace but she doesn't seem to be fitting the crowd."

"And what's wrong about standing out?" He asked, his jaw clenching.

"Why are you defending her?" She pouted.

"I'm not. I just don't like it when you bad mouth anyone. Its wrong and makes you seem like bad company." He spoke with a low growl.

"I hope they don't date, though. She doesn't look like she'll take him seriously." She pouted.

"Sapphire." He called in a warning tone.

As the party commenced further, people meddled some more but Raina and Felix stayed glued together, finally frustrated from Sapphire constant judgement of Raina and Felix's hands on her, he walked to them.

"Hey, man. Can I borrow her for a sec?" He asked. Felix cocked a brow and nodded. He dragged her away in a corner.

"What?" She hissed.

"What're you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"Snuggling up with Felix? I thought you dont date."

"I know. I dont." She shrugged and his eyes widened.

"So, you're just gonna sleep with him and never call?" He breathed in irritation.

"He's well aware of the deal." She shrugged.

"You are not sleeping with him!" He argued.

"Why?" She growled lowly.