Chapter Eighteen

He was looking for a brace for his foot when he heard her voice in the next aisle of the drugstore. He was here with Raina and she'd said that she needed to grab some skin supply so he let her go into the cosmetic's section. He was listening in with a smile, hearing her talk about make up and stuff before he walked around the shelf to reach her column. He was about to reach her when he heard her ask for a foundation that would better help cover tattoos. His frown occurred and he
walked to her as the staff lady gave her a bottle and left her be.

"Hey, what's that?" She stared at the brace in his fingers.

"Oh, erm, nothing just been having some trouble with my foot." He shrugged, "Now what's that?"

"Its something people like to call, a foundation." She teased.

"Yeah? Strong enough to cover tattoos too?"

Her smiled faltered a bit and then she chuckled.

"It's for Chloe, Mason." She sniggered.

"Don't do it." He told her as she turned on her heel.

"Do what?" She looked back. He took the bottle from her.

"Wear your sexy dress that you have planned or I won't know where to find you." He grinned, "You are not buying this." He placed it on the highest shelf and she frowned at him. He pouted tauntingly, "Come on." He pushed her to move.

"Mason." She tried arguing.

"I want the tattoos and all." He stopped, caging her between the shelf and himself. Her breath seemed to have silenced and body as if more slender than before. There was an anticipation on her face, "Otherwise I won't go to the party." He took his stand and she stared at him in disbelief.

"Eighteen. You're Eighteen." She rolled her eyes and walked for the cashier.

"I know." He murmured smugly and flipped her around to face him, "I just wanna be able to say, my girl's the tattooed gem." And then followed her through.

***

He flapped his sweaty hands, checking himself in the full body mirror. The black tux he wore was perfect around his body now. He chose to ignore the bow and leave the top two buttons unfastened. Tying up his waistcoat, he pulled his shirt's cuffs out of his jacket's. The door was knocked upon and he allowed entrance to his brother, who wore a similar tux as him.

"Any date?" Mason asked as he leaned by the wall, buried in his phone.

"Yeah. Thats what I came here to tell you. I'm going to go pick her up now, you wanna come with?" He looked up. He was wearing his bow perfectly, "When are you going to learn to wear a bow?"

"Never." He answered, "And I'll pass. I have to pick up Raina too."

"For real? I saw Mrs. Monroe and her kids drive away just now." He squinted.

"What? Really?" Mason walked to his phone, expecting a message or call from Raina but there was nothing there.

Mason:

Did you go already?

No response. Not for the next five minutes either.

"You go ahead. I'll bring my car." Mason told Alex.

"Alright. Drive safe." He waved and left. Mason searched his contacts and found Chloe's number. He dialled instead of texting. He was thinking that maybe Raina was driving their car.

"Hello?" Chloe's voice came through the speaker.

"Hey, Chloe, did you guys leave already?"

"Er, yeah." She answered with a little trail in her voice.