Chapter Eight

He came out of his garage and realized he'd forgotten his watch, so parking it by the curb, off the driveway, he ran inside and came back out, wearing his watch. Indistinct yelling sounded and he looked up to find her standing with a tall guy. Arms flapping and yelling. He couldn't make it out but he sure wasn't happy with her.

Gabriel came running out to her and she stopped him behind her but he fought her hand and pushed the guy away. Something clenched in his chest and he slid in his car. Driving around the loop, he parked behind them and watched Raina land a strong punch on his face.

Chloe was watching with hands on her cheeks.

"Gabriel." He called him and Gabriel came running away from where the guy held Raina up by the collar. His hair long and eyes heavy. Dark scruff around his jaw and he was as tall as him.

"Go to Chloe. Go." Mason led Gabriel away. Chloe ran around to his car and pulled her little brother back, "Take him inside. Go." He told her. She nodded, panicked and carried Gabriel towards the door of the house.

"Hey, asshole!" Mason yelled, pushing the guy away and standing beside a huffing Raina.

"I'll see you, Raina." He pointed.

"Yeah. You will." She spat, "How dare-" She started marching past Mason but he held her back by the waist. The guy started walking back for her. He twirled her around and the guy hauled a large fist on his waist.

"Mason!" Raina gasped and walked ahead, holding his collar she dropped him on his car and pressed him down. He composed himself and jumped ahead. Pulling Raina back, he tried moving but the guy charged at them. Losing his patience now, he raised a hand and landed a tight punch under his jaw.

"Enough!" He roared between the two, "Stay fucking there! Touch her again, I dare you. I've already called the cops, you prick." He warned. The man held his gaze for a bit and Mason couldn't find himself moving, especially when he holding back the crazy doll behind her, who just won't quit moving.

"See you later, bitch." He pointed and moved for his car. Sliding in the black Honda, he drove around the loop and left through the street.

"What the-" Raina started but the moment he turned and cupped her face, her rage faded.

"Motherfucker." He mumbled, gently touching the red spot under her jaw, "Are you okay?"

She gulped and nodded.

"Good. Now what the fuck were you thinking?" He growled. She pushed him back slightly and he stumbled, feeling the burn in his chest.

"What were you?" He roared, "I get that you fight, but what about Gabriel? What about Chloe?" He scolded, "Raina you may all tough and tattoos but you've still got a damn family!" He hissed.

"You don't know anything, so keep your opinions in your own damn self." She bit out.

"I can't." He gulped. When she moved her hand, he hissed and left her, "I'm gonna go check on the kids." He pushed past her and headed up to the house.