Chapter Four

WELCOME BACK

Thankfully we're the only ones at the playground right now. Aurora occupied Les, as I'm watching the rest of kids play. Their smiles make me warm inside, I love seeing them get along. If spending time with my siblings is what masks my true misery, I'm all in.

I sat on the swing, when Rora comes with Les; taking the swing beside me. She kicked her feet a little, hanging onto Les with one hand, "I heard you crying last night". Of course she heard me. "Are you ok Josie?".

For her age, Aurora is very well raised. If I didn't know her, I wouldn't think she was only 12. Hoping I can force myself to be strong, I let her in. "Ty and his family are moving... so, I won't be able to see him anymore" I confess. "I'm sorry Jo". I let out a breath, "thank you, but I'll live". She took a minute to calm, then got serious, "Josie, you can't let Tys leaving; turn you. I like you the way you are".

What's going on? I smirk, lost, "Roar, why would you think I'm gonna be any different?". I watch as her eyes well up, "because! You're just like mom and dad". Still confused. Why is Aurora taking my break up, so bad?

I touch her back, but she pulls away, "Aurora, I'm not going to change for the worst; I assume that's what you're thinking. Why are you talking like that?". She sniffed, wiping a tear that didn't fall, "you're just like mom and dad".

I was ready to force the truth out of Rora, when I spot Ty playing with the kids across the park. He left his little brother with Eve, and started for me, Rora, and Les on the swings. Seeing as Aurora is being a preteen, I got up to meet him. Ty's hands reached me first, pulling me in for a passionate kiss. It threw me off, and I couldn't let myself get set up. "Why are you here?" I stop him. He tilts his head, stroking my cheek, "Mrs. Shay told me you were here. You weren't answering my calls, and I didn't like the way we left things".

"I could have lived with it".

"Please stop being so touchy Jojo. I didn't break up with you; I don't want to leave you".

"But you are!" I push him, then calm down, "you are, and it sucks". He hugged me, our hearts beating in sync. I pull from his arms, not wanting to linger in this affection, "what do you want Tyrone?".

I didn't let him say much when he told me he was moving, so I honestly don't know where we stand. I just want him to hurry up and go, so I can get past this already. Ty asked if I ever thought that we didn't have to break up, acting as if I'm stupid. If he thinks I'm gonna have a boyfriend that is half a world away, he got another thing coming.

"Ty, I wish you would have just left, and told me over the phone, or even just let it go after yesterday. I'm sorry, I can't see you anymore" I tell him, acting like it's so easy to let him go.

"Josie. Babe. Why are you shading me? I'm hurt, just like you are" he tried holding my hands. "It's easier, for me to pretend. Seeing your face, talking to you, the thought of you; will only make this here situation worse. Just go" I tell him. Ty sighed, relaxing himself. I guess he doesn't care to respect my  wishes, because now he's making me walk with him.

We sat in the end of the tunnel slide, me not making eye contact. "I didn't tell you sooner, afraid this would happen. Don't prove me right; please. Can we just spend these next few days together? Can you pretend; after I'm gone?".

My heart couldnt take it. There is no possible way we can "pretend" untill he leaves. I feel like I died now, I might actually croak when he does leave, if we continue on.

I was about to give Ty my answer, when I hear the kids screaming. I pushed pass Ty, poking my head out the slide. Checking on them, I see why they are yelling . They have brightly dressed ant Molly, half pinned on the ground. I watch as Sere points in my direction, them all approaching.

A grin lined my face, happy to see her. "HI ant Molly. I've missed you so much" I slid by Ty, getting out of the slide. She squeezed me, kissing my head, "you're so grown up. Look at you". I let out the hug, seeing her giving Ty the up and down. Ty stood to greet ant Molly, as I introduce them, "Ant Molly, this is Tyrone. Ty... my ant Molly, or Mrs. Cross". Ant Molly shook his hand, "Molly is fine".

She asked Rora to take the kids to play, so she could talk to me. Rora did so, leaving the three of us. I huff with joy, stating the obvious, "you're early". "That I am. I had to come see my oldest niece" she tapped my nose. Tyrone just smiled at us, but I know he wants to finish our conversation.

"Jo, I'm gonna call you okay. Please answer" Ty kissed my cheek, "it was nice meeting you Molly. Hopefully we'll see each other again".

Ant Molly looked confused, as Ty left the playground with Trent, "wait; Ty? Isn't that your boyfriend little miss thing?". I easily tell her "no". She "um kay'd" me, going on. "I came in earlier, to talk to you". I asked "about what?", then slowly thought of it on my own. "Is this about your secret brother? Because daddy basically called you a liar" I raise a brow. Ant Molly hung her head, resting her hands on her hips, "whan I ah. When I said brother, I was reffering to an old friend. We were once really close, but he got himself into some trouble". I grabbed her hand, seeing her get emotional. "I'm so sorry Josie... I. I shouldn't have said anything".

This is the first I've seen ant Molly cry. It's kind of awkward, but I want to sit and cry right along with her. Me being the strong one, I wipe her tears, "it's okay ant Molly. I'm sure your friend will be happy to see you, and if you ever need an ear; I got two of them... so". She smiled, telling me how sweet I was.

My familay is always there for me; what kind of a person would I be, if I couldn't put my emotions aside, to be there for one of them. "So, what is this friends name anyway?" I lighten the mood. Ant Molly hesitated, but she told me, "his name, is Fransis".

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Multimedia Aurora (Amandala Stenberg)

(RV)
ReatheCreator