Chapter Nine

IS IT YOU, OR ME?

Ty and I talked with Cordell for 3 periods, after finding out I was for sure his granddaughter. He was cool about telling us how he ended up here in a mental insitition, and how sorry he was for what he did to the original Josie Shay. It was scary knowing he had killed her, and even more so that he was mentally ill. No judgment, but they are unstable and it makes me uneasy, but Cordell is making me forget all that.

I check the time, explaing me and Ty had to get back to school. "It was nice meeting you Cordell, after all these years" I sweetly smile. He stood, shruging "maybe we could do this again. The only visitors I get are from lawyers and stuff. I'm actually about to be released from this place".

I was happy for him. I can only imagine what it's like to be confined and treated like a little dog for all those years. "yea, maybe we could. And congratulations on the opportunity". Ty stroked my back, also saying goodbye to Cordell.

At the sign out desk, the lady from earlier was still on clock. "How was it?" she slids the clip board over to sign out. "Good".

She watchs Ty sign out next, tapping her pen "so he didn't give you a hard time? I just ask, because Francis is a guarded soul. He keeps to himself". I smile, her being so nosey "he was a perfect gentalmen. Right Ty?". Ty nods, pulling me along.

"And by the way, I will be back to see my grandfather".

..

When we got back to school, bus's were pulling out, and there was traffic up and down the street. Ty pulled into someones drive way, to talk.

"I thought maybe you wanted to get your binder" he motions to the school.

"I don't need it Ty; what's wrong?".

Againg, he didn't say much on the ride back. Tyrone usually has a lot of bull to say, so when he's quiet; I either take it as a break, or I'm guilted into giving into him. I stare at my boyfriend removing his seatbelt.

"A few things Jo" he turns in his seat, "at first I just thought you were on your period; untill we fucked, Then I said it's the stress of me leaving, but when Mr. Shay asked if you were pregnant, you let him believe you were. I also noticed Felicity look at us before her announcment".

I grin, bitting my lip. Why is eyeryone so concerned with me all of a sudden. No one ever thought to think that maybe I'm just growing up. Once I get all this shit out of my way, I can focus on making myself better. I'm not purposly being this way.

Ty turned back to the wheel, throwing his head back on the seat, "if you're pregnant Josie, it's okay to tell me". He looks at me, with a hint of fear in his eyes "are you pregnant?".

"No".

He released a breath, as if he just doged a bullet, "are you sure? did you take a test? Go to the doctors?".

Threse no need for a test, specially if I wasn't thinking I was pregnant before. I have no clue why Boo city looked at me at dinner, but it's not cause she knows anything. I blame her for all of this.

"I'm just sad Tyrone. It's not easy to act like everything is the same, when I know that in less than a week; I won't see you anymore... my fiancée. I need a distraction" I explain, trying not to get emotional.

He laughed, telling me I'm going the wrong way about it. "Re-join boxing, volunteer at the kids school; hell, start a business. Anything other than what I see you doing now, would make me feel a lot better going away. I need to know I can come back to the Josie I fell in love with, not some crazy weirdo. If we do breed, I don't want weirdo babies".

I smile, pecking his lips "don't worry about me. Just be sure to come back and change my last name, okay?".

..

At home, I find the house empty. Ty didn't stay. He's helping pack up his house, after spending so much time trying to fix me.

Knowing I had some alone time, I ran out back to ant Mollys room; to snoop. For a long time, I thought ant Molly was Nanny Josies sister. I actually just found out she wasn't, some months ago.

Going through her things, I see that shes been sending him letters, keeping tabs, calling him while he was in jail. For some reason, she had everything all documented in this envelope.

I put everything back, itching to see Cordell again. He's willing to tell me all the shit they've been keeping from all of us kids, and at my age; I have a right to know whats up.

When someone finally comes home, it's uncle Shay. I watched him search around, from the back hall. When he finally decided to open his mouth and call out for somebody, I pop up; scaring him.

"Bro, how did you not see me?" I grin, giving him a huge hug. He spun me in a circle, asking why I let him look stupid. "Where is everyone anyway? This house may be big, but ya'll got too many people to hide" he laughs, going straight for the kitchen.

I sit uncle Shay down, fixing him up a plate of leftovers from last night "I have no clue, where they at. Maybe daddy disowned me".

Shay cleared his throat, almost chocking on spit, "now why would you say that Jojo? He loves you".

"I love him, but the guy has this vendetta against me lately".

"Do you even know what that word means? Jo, you got it twisted".

I sit the now hot food in front of him, explaining whats been going on since his mother got here. "You know I'm spoiled; I get what I want, never been yelled at... but not these days. He basically told me to shut up, embarrassed me in front of my boyfriend, and caused a scene at dinner, and I'm done with his new attitude; him and Rora".

It's like the whole family is slowly turning into someone else. If Vince and Les change, than we should all fear for our lives; cause something aint right.

"I'm gonna spend a few with nanny. Give them their space, cause she's just like him" I go on, thinking how Aurora went off on me too.

Shay sighed, hanging his head "let me do my thing, before you start changing your address for the mail, Kay?".

My brows go up, not really caring because I still planned on leaving. Shay nods, waiting for a clear response "Kay?".

I smirk, shrugging "okay".

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Dylan (Dreux aka Lil Fizz) and Shay (Jarell aka J Boog) were in an r&b group together, called B2K.

Multimedia Shay (Jarell Houston)

(RV)
RaetheCreator