Chapter Fourteen

JUST LIKE BOO

In the spirit of making up with dad, I wanted to spend some sister time with Aurora. Maybe if I sweeten the both of them up, the transfer question won't be so harsh this time.

I showed up at Roras school, to pull her out. I didn't bother going to admin, already knowing my way around.

"Brixton!" I call out to my friend Joeys brother. He spun on his heels, to see who's calling him by his real name. I strut around like I own the place, meeting him up the hall "I'm telling yo momma you skipping class". I poke him removing the disgusted look that lives on his face. He just stared, looking me up and down like a piece of meat "you know, I was held back a few years?".

"Boy, stop lying".

He grins, telling me "age aint nothing but a number". I'd play along, but he's even too young to just humor. "Tell that to my boyfriend, or did you forget?".

"Man, I didn't forget. And hes not that good either" he speaks with confidence, talking about Ty's football scholership coming up.

"Whatever Brixton. Is my sister in class?".

He shurgs, leaning against the wall "I could risk detention and go see for ya".

"How about you tell me what room you're in, and I can get her myself".

Wanting to do the favor for me, he made way to Social Studies; the class he's suppose to be in.

"Wait, why can't you just text sleeping beauty; instead of me getting caught?".

If hes so bad, he should be able to let the teacher see him, and still skip the class.

"Cause I don't want Aurora to get caught with her phone out, you probably have a dention today anyway".

He thought about it, "you right" peeking in the classroom. "Just go in" I nudge him.

Brixton stumbled into the classroom, making the person sitting next to Aurora move, so he could sit.

I watch as she raises her hand to leave, Brixton getting up on his own and exiting.

Aurora passed by me, heading for the bathroom "what do you want?". I follow, being cheerful "you. Wanna go on a trip?".

"Trip where?".

I jump, smiling; Brixton trailing behind us "the roller rink, duh".

..

Brixton tagged along with us to the rink, sitting behind me and Rora on the bus. As I'm about to try and talk to to Aurora; I get a text from Ty, wondering where I am.

"Are you on the rocks with him too?" she buts in.

Me: Date with my sister.

Her not bringing my mood down, I ask what that means. She huffed, staring back out the window, "nothing"

"Rora" I put my phone away, "I'm sorry if my decision to live with nanny, hurt you in any way"

She laughed, rolling her eyes "you think you're so special Josie"

"I don't".

Whats her problem. Not long ago, she was crying for me to stay; now "I think I'm better".

"You think that because you're the oldest...".

I'm going to stop her, before she hurts my feelings. "Okay, no. We're skipping school, to bond; get back to us. Can we just do that?".

She doesn't reply, so I try answering anything she might have to say. I told her me and dad made up, I'm good with Ty, and that since me and Ty are doing okay; better than okay, she won't have to worry about me going cold like we hear mom did. "As for us, you're like a sister daughter to me. I'm team Aurora every all day. I heard you that day, I didn't forget that my sister has something going on in her life; she obviously needs to vent to someone".

She didn't talk to me the rest of the ride over, so I let her gather, and talked to Brixton. He was telling me how there's rumors going around school, of Aurora; talking about rape, and her being pimped, and how it's affecting her grades.

I was completley shocked, and found it kind of funny Brix was talking to me like a chick, and while Aurora was sitting a few seats up.

I thanked him for the heads up, as we all get off the bus. Brixton quickly found another girl older than him, to flirt with.

.

Since I haven't been to work in almost a week, I'm hoping Browen could maybe have another chat with me. I want my job, but not too own it. It's too much, I'm too young.

Now I just need to run into her.

Rora and I walked over for our skates in silence, me scanning for Browen. Even though what I just heard was disturbing, I'm not bothered. I know there has to be some truth to it, but Aurora wouldn't keep something as serious as that; to herself. We were raised well enough to not have anything to do with something as outrageous at that.

"Do me a favor?" Rora sighs, not looking away from the skates we were just handed "don't go live with nanny".

"Whats going on with you Rora?", I avoid answering to her.

She slips the skates on her feet, telling me "nothing".

"Liar".

She rolled her eyes, lacing the skates up. I know what's going on; I'm sure. If she doesn't want to share, I will guess.

I smile, turning so we're face to face, "listen Aurora, you're 12 years old now; almost 13. Yes it's still really young, but with 4 little siblings running around, you have to mature faster than an only child, or some spoiled kids who have no responsibilities or even know what the word means".

She gave me a look like "you better know where you're getting at".

"Our family isn't average. Nanny did it, mom did it, I did it... you have a boyfriend; don't cha?".

With Aurora not responding, I clarify what I'm asking, "you have an older boyfriend".

Still nothing, so now I'm upping the antics. "Fine, don't answer, but if I just mention the word boy to mom and dad, you know...".

"Is that suppose to scare me Josie?" She sighs.

I shrug, deviously "I don't know. That news bag Brixton had a lot to say on the ride over".

Within seconds, Aurora began grilling me; wanting to know exactly what Brixton told me. I didn't tell her word for word, but it was enough for her to want to clear it all up.

"Okay, I'll tell you what's going on... if you promise to keep it to yourself".

I grin "promise"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Multimedia Josie (Bahja Rodriguez)

(RV)
RaetheCreator