Chapter Twenty One

MAKING PLANS

Ty eyeballs the tree house, reading my most recent updates. I laid beside him, giving my body a rest from earlier.

"Ty proposed. I said Yes" he reads the wall out loud, his voice weak.

I rub his back, finally feeling like he's upset to be leaving. He turned around for a kiss, lying next to me "If the Shays say it's cool, we can get married before the new school year".

It's cute he's been thinking about it. My plan was to let it ride, until we had our lives in order.

"Baby, you sure? How will your college respond to a married sophomore? How will your football couch take competing with your wife?.

I'm just being cautious of his situation. I for sure do not want to be the reason for any of his rough patches.

Ty looked to me, waiting for me to face him. I brave up and stare into his eyes "none of that matters without you. If they don't like that I have other priorities, than they aren't the right fit for me".

I laugh "look at us, talking like you're already in the school".

His eyes grow wide, "oh, I didn't tell you?".

Tears leave my eyes, happy for news I haven't heard yet. He smiles "I got in!".

I'm so excited for him. The school isn't exactly in Australia, but it's closer to there than it is here, and when he has free time he will be spending it with his mother and brother..

"Aww, baby. I'm so happy for you" I sit up, instructing him to sit up to hug me, "this is real football right, and not soccer?".

He grins "yes Jo, it's real football".

I give him a sweet kiss, letting it linger" that's my guy".

..

Getting home, I see uncle Shay with his things by the door. "Guest house too small?" I ask, him moving his stuff out. He smiled, pulling me in for a hug "I love you baby girl".

"Don't tell me you love me, and just leave. You don't have to vanish Shay Shay" I let out.

He laughs at me, probably still thinking I know nothing "I'm not going just yet. Got some business, and then I'm out Sunday".

"And you need to clear out two days early?".

"Josie!" daddy pops up from behind. Shay smiles "it's ok Dylan", he gets back to me "think of the family vacations you'll take to come see me. But hey, you can thank me later. Remember what I said yesterday" he reminds me, lugging the luggage out to his car.

I slump off to my room, to finish packing myself. I'm moving in with nanny tomorrow, and don't want to waste a whole day packing up.

As I'm staring at the suit Roar guilted me out of; laying on my dresser for her to take, mom knocks at my open door "hey baby, how was school?".

"Good" I smile, but I'm more concerned with the envelope in her hands "what's that?".

She inhales, being dramatic; handing it over. When I open the envelope, it's the signed consent forms for my license. I jump, hugging her "thank you mommy, I love you".

My birthday is in some months, but going now gets me closer to driving, faster.

"I love you too baby. Study up, cause mom don't like playing chauffeur...".

"Shes too old for all that" we both mock nanny, complaining.

..

With everything seeming to calm down, I find ant Molly to confront her. Yes I was snooping when I found out she was writing Francis, but maybe it will slip out; like the fact he existed in the first place.

I enter her room with food as a peace sign. "Hi ant Molly, how's it going?". She pat's for me to sit on her bed "it's going. I found a place I really like, so this will be one of my last days". I had a tray of chocolate chip cookies and a bottle of milk, letting ant Molly take what she want.

"Sad to see you go, but I'm happy for you. I just ran into Shay with his stuff too. So he's actually not coming back?" I help fold her clothes, while she eats. Seems like everyone is packing up to leave.

"That's what he says. I'm just shocked he's letting his uncle drive him away for good".

Here's my in. I knew I could count on her. "Uncle. Can you believe mom and dad kept him a secret so long?".

"Yes actually, I can" ant Molly gets up to close her door "I'm only talking about this, because you already looked him up, and you're old enough".

I prepare myself to hear the truth, focusing my ears. She sighs "don't get it wrong, Dell loved Josie like nothing I've ever seen before. He was good to her, and to Dylan. I just didn't know he loved her so bad, he'd want her all to himself. I tried to help him relax a little bit, and honestly I thought it worked; until Shay would come home telling me the bits and pieces Dylan was telling him. I called him the day before it happed, yelling for him to grow up. That was the last I heard from him, or Josephine".

Molly got a little teary eyed, but continued. "I got the call that I needed to help find my nephew, but he wanted to be alone. I don't hate Dell; I hate what he did. It was so hard to even talk about it at first. Once he started writing me, I felt like I owed it to him to reply, since I could never look him in the face again".

"I'm sorry ant Molly".

"No, thank you. No one let's me talk about him. I miss the old Dell, the one who rushed me to the hospital in a snowstorm; getting us there in one piece".

I got up to hug her, feeling bad she has to hold all these emotions in. It's not fair to ant Molly, but I love her for thinking of daddy and uncle Shays feelings.

"He hasn't forgotten about you ant Molly".

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Multimedia Ty (Justin Combs)

(RV)
RaetheCreator