Chapter Twenty Six

Tyrone 8:47p

Now the whole family is here. Ester and Boo City put the kids down early, Ethan called his cop friend to keep an eye out; since the police are telling us they can't do anything until it's been 24 hours. Molly is acting crazy, Shay's getting tired of her, and the rest of us trying to stay calm to make sense of it all.

I was in the kitchen getting a drink, when I spot a picture of Dylan with all of the kids sticking to the refrigerator. I study the picture, as I'm pouring some oj.

"Could I get a cup too?" Ester stands behind me. I nod, not looking at her. Right now, I'm feeling guilty. Seeing Dylan with all of his kids, reminded me of Cordell. I was so bent on finding Josie, I didn't think to bring him into the situation.

It's a long shot since I know he should still be at the mental facility, but maybe Jo wanted to see him on more time; going against my wishes to comfort a murderer.

Ester cleared her throat, pulling me from my thoughts, and bringing me to the fact I'm over filling my glass.

"Here Ty, let me get that for you" she takes my dripping glass, and picture of juice.

With everything we're all feeling, Mrs. Shay is worried about helping me. I step back, contemplating telling her about our visits to see her father in law.

Mrs. Shay caught me staring at her, wiping up my mess. "You alright Tyrone?" she laughed.

This is all my fault. This whole mess could have been avoided if I would have just forgot about college, if I would have put the foot down sooner with Jo, if I was a better boyfriend.

My heart raced, as I prepared myself for a possible beating from Dylan and probably Shay as well.

"Mrs. Shay, I have a Confession to make".

Aurora 8:59p

I walked in on Tyrone crying on mom's shoulder. At first I thought it was because of our missing Josie, but mom waved me off to get daddy.

After finding him and ant Molly out back, I relay the message and follow them back to the kitchen.

"Ester?" dad gets mom's attention. When she looked up from consoling Ty, she saw I was back.

"Rora, can we have a minute... please?" mom asks. I sigh wanting to hear what's going on. I love Jo as much as everybody else in this room.

Before I can protest, ant Molly asks me to be a "good girl" and check on the kids.

I left the room, but didn't go far. I stood behind the wall, as mom got Tyrone to tell daddy and ant Molly what he told her.

He sniffeled, and cleared his throat "I hate to tell you this; especially after our last dinner...".

Uncle Shay approaches from upstairs, with a confused look on his face "what you doing Rora?". "Shh" I creep from my spot, "I think Ty knows something".

His eyes grew wide "that's great. So why are you sneeking around?". I sigh, mad I'm missing out on the convo. I hear mom comforting Ty some more, so I wave uncle Shay off "just listen".

Ty stood up, to face daddy. He was tall and strong, keeping a brave face "Mr. Shay, in respecting your daughters wishes; I didn't bring this up before, or even thought to; because it slipped my mind, and I was almost 100% positive this wouldn't make a difference".

Dad became anxious, telling Ty to hurry it up. Taking a deep breath, I finally hear what I've been spying for. Shay held my shoulder, also spying as Ty let's it out.

"Jo's been visiting your father, since around the time Molly got here".

Daddy laughed, "I really hope you mean father in-law".

Tyrone shook his head no, and with that uncle Shay disappeared.

.

.

.

.

Multimedia Dylan (Dreux Frederic)

(RV)
RaetheCreator