Chapter Twenty Four

Cree 12:47a

I waited about 20 minutes, before deciding she wasn't coming. Josie I recall, use to always run a little late. The girl is friendly, so it didn't bother me; knowing she was probably making someone's day.

At 5 minutes late, I messaged her. At 10 I called. Now at 20, I just left a voice mail. I already ate anyway, waiting for her. I even texted Ty, wondering if Jo was laid up with him. He said she had a meeting at the rink where we work, and I wanted to assume that's what's keeping her. But for Josie to just not show up, I began thinking; maybe she changed her mind. Maybe our friendship wasn't as tight as I thought. I know it was wrong to use her emptiness with Ty leaving; as an in, but it was all with good intention... To help her.

Browen 1:29p

Austin watched me from the service window, gesturing to the clock. He shrugs "you sure she even wants the job?".

I peer at him, leaving my booth "I know she wants it. Her mother is already part owner, and her grandmother".

"Why?".

"Great aunt Fawn, wants the Shays to take over the business. I'm done with it".

Austin laughed a little, confused "why you done? You run this place so smoothly".

I just stood there, avoiding eye contact," pretty soon, I will be getting to the same state as aunt Fawn. I don't want to waste time doing books".

His eyes grew, feeling sorry for me, but I'm not here for all that "don't worry about me Austin. I will be just fine".

Ester 2:58p

"Where are you going?" I stand behind Dylan shoving random gear into a duffel bag.

He froze, stopping everything "to find that man".

I remember hating Cordell. I remember the restraining order I got against him. I remember standing by my husbands side, with whatever decision he made. I will still be there for him, but this has taken up too much of our lives. Cordell can't be trusted, but I do believe the kids need to know.

"Baby, enough already" I drag.

He spun so fast, I think he did a triple spin. He looked at me with disgust "enough? Ester I love you, but you're going to stop taking up for him".

"Dylan...".

"No" he stops me, "for years, I watched him hurt my mother. Do you know what it's like to be a kid, and unable to save the women who gave you life?". Tears leave his eyes, mine almost along with them "I didn't care when he bet me Ej, because I knew his hands were nowhere near my mother. But in the end, look what happened. She literally loved him to death".

I reach out to comfort him, but he pulls away. He sighs, wiping his face "he's not going to get another chance, to take anymore of my family".

Nanny 3:34p

"Okay Rodney, it's time to go", I slap his chest. He "ouched" rubbing his hand over the sting "you said we had all day to just hang out".

I get out of bed, stepping into my slippers "I lied, to make you shut up. My granddaughter should be here any minute now".

Rodney took his time getting dressed, and leaving the house. They always want to come, but they never want to leave.

Being nice, I cleaned up Esters old bedroom for Josie. I mopped, changed around, and put fresh lining on the bed.

Time went by, as I took on the rest of the house; giving it a good cleaning, when I take notice Josie still hasn't shown up.

She didn't give a specific time, but I know she has a dinner to get to later. I thought she'd be here by now.

Not looking too much into it, I sent her a text; telling her the doors get locked at 10 sharp if she's moving in today.

With no reply, I called Ester to find out if Josie changed her mind or not.

Aurora 4:03p

Des held me from behind, his hands in my sweater pocket. We were watching the set up for this big show in town, as lights went up, and half naked guys walked around.

I hug his arms tighter around me, "why are we here?".

The wind blew my hair, sending a chill through my body as Des kisses my neck "I'm going to get you in there".

"OK, but why?". What would I want with a bunch of dudes prancing around for money... I'm broke.

He moved the hair from my face, pointing down at the stage "you see that girl over there with the rapper around her neck?".

I laugh, noticing her; with one of my favourite rappers all hugged up on her. "That is Ms. Reign I can do anything, Jack of all trades Lowls. She's a photographer, dancer, choreographer, singer songwriter rapper poet, event planner, business owner, clothing designer... Actress, and some other shit I can't remember".

Again, I laugh; nudging him "stop lying Des. Why we here, really?".

"I just told you" I feel him smiling on my face "we're here, because she's my brothers girlfriends best friend. You like acting, right?".

I grin, tilting my head back for a kiss.

Des just pecked my lips, pulling a piece of paper out from my pocket. "What's that?" I ask, looking down at it. He shrugged, opening it "I was just going to write the number down to call her".

"It's an address" he reads over the paper.

I quickly clue in, "ohhhhhh, this Jo's suit... Well, mine now. I'll give that to her later".

He wrote down the name and number of this Ms. Reign I can do anything, Jack of all trades Lowls's work place, and slid it back in my pocket "she lives in LA, but it's worth the call. Oh, and you're welcome in advance".

Dylan 5:00p

We watched the clock take another hour, secretly dying to do what we first planned. Shay still wanted to go through with the set up; thinking of keeping Molly safe. As for me, I simply wanted revenge, and to keep my family... the world safe from the likes of someone I once called father.

"So we really aren't doing this?" Shay sinks into the couch.

After a few more words from Ester, her voice was all I could hear. The plan was to get Cordell locked back up for breaking probation, but now I just feel bad for even thinking of it. I shouldn't, but I do.

"Look Shay, I hate him as much as you do. But we have to be the bigger men. Why should we sin, to punish him for his? Let's just let this ride out".

Shay didn't look at me, as his picked his cell up "I got a bad feeling about this bro. I never liked uncle Fran. Even as a child, I could see the evil in him".

He dialled a few numbers, then put the phone to his ear, "yea Ma, I'm gonna need all those love letters you sent and received from Fran... Don't lie to me mom. I'm not stupid... Just let me have them, damn... Yea whatever... OK... Bye".

I Watch Shay leave his spot on the sofa, making a B line for ant Molly's room; giving me the que to follow.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Multimedia Ester (Tika Sumpter)

(RV)
RaetheCreator