Chapter Eight

Drakes Underground Kings blasted through my headphones, as I'm sitting at the computer in the woodshop. I had an off block, and didn't feel like socializing, but of course Tyrone would find me. He sat next to me, staring, waiting for acknowledgement.

"What Ty?" I release an annoyed breath.

He removed the beats from my ears, turning my chair to him, "how'd the rest of the night go?".

"Fine", I turn back to the computer.

I was searching up more on this Francis. I found out what institution he was in, and how to get in to see him.

Ty kissed his teeth, "man, what I tell you bout lying to me?".

"What do you want from me Ty? I don't want to talk about it; let it go".

In the moment, I was starting to see what Aurora was saying. It's not like me to mouth off to Ty, and I'm not doing it on purpose; I just can't stop.

I print off the adress of the insitutiin, standing to retrieve it "look, I'm sorry. Sorry for my impulsive behaviour, for being selfish when you told me you were leaving, for not appreciating the time we have left, or you...".

"Just slow down Jojo" he watches me pack my bag and grab the paper from the printer, "where are you going?".

I pause in the door, my back to him. I trust Tyrone, but not his love for me. If I tell him where I'm going, he might tell to "keep me safe".

I approach him still in the chair, taking his hands, "you love me?". He nods. "Prove it, and don't tell anyone that I'm going to see Francis".

He slowly clued in, "Josie!".

"Forget it" I storm off, him catching my arm, "at least let me come with you?".

..

The hour ride over was stiff. Ty was affraid I would snap on him again, and I simply wasn't up for conversion with anyone but Francis.

Browen called on the way up, giving me the day off. She said she didn't want me back at work, until I gave her an answer on the whole business partner thing. All she did was remind me of the shit I got going on, but I sat it aside until later.

.

We finally get to the place, Tyrone holding me up in the car. "Jo, you sure you want to do this? He could be dangerous".

I got out the car, not responding. I want to meet him, no question. If Ty can't handle that, he can stay in the car.

Walking in with Tyrone right behind me, my eyes adjust to the all white everything. There are patients strolling around, playing chess?, having brunch. I was actually expecting a bunch of crazies, but I'm glad it's sane in here; well as sane as it can get.

My eyes turn to a man, finger painting the view from the huge widow in the room. A woman appears at the counter, staring at him along with me, and now Ty "it's beautiful, isn't it?".

I nod, us all still watching him work his magic. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think he was here just for the free room and food" she goes on.

Ty frowns, "what, was he homeless?". "Nope" she shakes her head, "lets just say, I pay a coworker to do his run if it's on my schedule. Lovely paintings, but the guy is a lunatic. I feel bad for his family".

Finally pulling my eyes away, we face the girl. She smiked, "so what can I do for you today?". "I came to talk to one of your patients. Do you have a Francis Shay here?".

Her face fell, studering, but telling us to sign in. I went first, then slid the clipbored to Ty.

"Tyrone Brown, and Josephine Shay". She weirdly slids the bored back, taking a breath "wait right here".

The woman walked over to another worker; who then walked over to the painter, escorting him to a seat at the furniture set in the middle of the room. She than waved us over, staying clear of them.

"I first want to apologize, I have a big mouth. My mother says I'm going to get punched in it. And this is the man you are looking for. Enjoy" she leaves us.

Tyrone stuck his hand out first, guarding me "Mr. Shay? I'm Tyrone". He stood to shake Ty's hand, introducing himself, "it's nice to meet you Tyrone. Call me Cordell. And who's the young lady behind you?".

I step from behind Tys back, acting shy; which I am. Ty put an arm around my shoulder, as I also extend a hand "hi, I'm Josie". He shakes my hand, telling us to sit.

"It's so nice to have visitors; even if you are strangers" Cordell jokes, but not really.

I clear my throat, trying to calm my nerves "we noticed you painting; it's really nice".

"If I don't do something, it would drive me crazy ya know?".

Ty tapped my foot with his. Yes Cordell is here cause he was deemed crazy, but I know what he means.

"So what brings two kids here to this fine establishment, to see little ol me? Another school project on psychology, or are you press looking into my release?".

I catch Ty staring him down, daring him to try anything. Francis seems okay right now. He's having a perfectly normal conversation, he got some type of humour. I'm not worried.

"Actually Mr. Shay..." I start, but Ty stops me knowing where I'm going. "Jo, you sure?" He whispers to me, "once it's out, you can't undo it". I nod, getting back to what I was saying.

"Actually Cordell, we're here because we share the same last name. I was wondering how exactly that was".

Cordell's mouth turned slightly to the side, him sitting up straight "what did you say your name was again?".

"Josie...". "Josephine Shay" he helps. Cordells grin freaked me out a bit, but I'm still here. He laughed a little, "how did you get that name sweety?".

I was half regreating it when I open my mouth to tell him "I'm named after my grandmother".

His grin flat lines "my wife".

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Multimedia Francis (Denzel Washington)

(RV)
RaetheCreator