Chapter Twenty Five

AURORA WAY

"Granddad, I'm hungry" I complain, him sitting across from me. I don't know what drugs he slipped in the sugar, but it feels like my stomach is contemplating eating it self. The only thing I ate today was that quick breakfast, which clearly wasn't enough.

Ever since I told him I was pregnant, he's been quiet. That was maybe 20 minutes ago, and I've been quiet too. I thought; as long as he's not doing anything, my life isn't in danger.

"Shut up" he speaks, staring at the ground.

I know I shouldn't even want food from him, but I need it to sop up whatever he gave me to knock me out for what was probably 6 hours now. It was light when I got here, and was getting dark when I woke up.

My phone was still lighting up. When it finally stopped vibrating, Cordell perked up a bit. For the most part; it was resending notifications for calls and texts missed, but it gave me a little hope.

Cordell slowly lifted his head, glaring at me "looks like your family abandoned you too. And while pregnant. Tell me that isn't heartless".

I look away; disgusted by his face, how pathetic he is, the complete and utter lack of any remorse or guilt he has. I actually hate him. I can understand daddy, and uncle Shay. He just doesn't care, and I honestly haven't seen him truly care about anything. Not even when he found out I was his granddaughter. He seemed happy, but not too excited to see the grandchild he's been trying to see for 12 years.

"They're going to find me. Just because my phone stopped ringing, doesn't mean no one's looking" I roll my eyes.

He jumped up, and snatched my phone from the table "how about, we never know". I watch my cell go flying into the wall, smashing into chunks.

I shrug, tired of him "the institution has your address. Ty knows I've been seeing you. They will check here for me".

A grin took his face, pure evil in his eyes as he rest his chin on the mouth of the gun "no they wont".

Tyrone 7:26p

Mr, and Mrs Shay stared at me, as if I was speaking a foreign language. When I showed up they were confused, but now that I opened my mouth; they're even more lost.

Mrs. Shay checks her watch, confirming it with all the other visible clocks "she told me she had a dinner with you. What do you mean she didn't show up?".

"I've been calling her, texting. Cree hasn't heard from her, she wasn't at the rink, or the fountain. Not with Aj, and Roar couldn't get a reply" I explain all the precautions I took to try and track Jo down. "Normally I'd assume she's lost in her little world, but none of you have heard from her since this morning".

Mr. Shay quickly pulls his phone out, dealing J's number. I step back, taking a seat. I ain't been this nervous, since the time I actually lost Trent in Costco. After that, I bought a leash for that boy.

"Straight to voice mail. Ester, see if Molly or Felicity have seen her; I'll check with mom again" Dylan gives orders, "Ty, find out where Aurora is and bring her home please. And, drive by the places you checked again".

I nod, apologizing for taking so long to come over or call them about this. I called earlier, but didn't make a big deal of it. Mom started to make me worry, constantly asking where Josie could be, and why she'd be so late.

It wasn't until I called and it rang twice; then went straight to voice mail, like she ignored my call. That's when I started to panic. She didn't call right back, and when I called again, it was out of service.

"Mr. Shay, I'll find our girl".

Aurora 8:01p

I took it upon myself, to try and accidentally run into this Reign. Des thought it be too blunt to just run up on her, but I'm excited. I don't like being the centre of anything, but if she really is a Jack; I wouldn't mind doing something worth envesting my time in.

Standing outside of Parkway studio gallery, I hear security behind me; telling me I'm trespassing. I contemplated running, but I'm too out of shape for that. "I'm ah... actually here for an interview, with Ms. Lowls. I work for this teen magazine, and we heard she was in town, and c'mon; who doesn't want the chance to sit down with the Reign. So I literally fought to get the job to interview her, this girl Sadie was so mad..." I ramble on. Seeing I had lots more to say, security stopped me from saying anymore. "What's your name?" he sighs, annoyed. I smile, "Aurora".

After a lot of words, the man didn't want me around anymore; so he took me straight to where I wanted to be. I'm led to a small studio room, where I instantly notice Reign. She looked at security confused. He shrugs "she's press?". She checked her watch, and nods for approval. I was so nervous, I had no more game left. Once security walked away, I started to confess.

By the time I left there, I had her email to start, and a spot on her staff for the show. My phone rang the whole time, but this was too good to interrupt. When I finally make it home, I notice a thick cloud of tension. Daddy was the first to spot me, but Ty came up fast behind him.

"Where the hell were you Aurora? I've called you 18 times. What, your phone broke?" he hounds me with questions. At first I was ready to get on him for his tone with me, but something said not to. The look in his eyes, and the fact daddy said nothing about him yelling at me was weird.

I take my shoes off, being cool "I was busy. What's up?". Ty hung his head, rubbing his temples. He apologized to daddy, telling him he looked everywhere for me too. Mom shows face, first seeing Tyrone "did you get her?". But when she sees me, I'm locked in a hug. She kissed my head, asking why I didn't answer my phone.

From the looks of it, I'm possibly in trouble... but why? Daddy sighed, putting his hands on his hips "Roar, have you talked to Jo this afternoon? Or got a text?". I shake my head "no". "Last time I talked to her was this morning, when I con this suit from her for moving. Why?".

I watch as tears fill Ty's eyes. He walked away, as daddy steps a little closer "sweety, we don't want to worry you, but Jo is missing".

.

.

.

.

Multimedia Aurora (Amandla Stenberg)

(RV)
RaetheCreator