Chapter Twenty Seven

I started to get real bad pains, waiting for him to feed me. I'm trying not to show I'm hurt, hoping Ty said something to someone already. "Cordell, you won't get away with this. Let me go, and I swear I won't say anything. You're only hurting yourself" I try reason.

He glared at me from the window, "she died pregnant too. And here we are again".

I'm fighting back tears. This nigga just said "too", as in "as well", as in; he's planning to kill me.

"We can't have a repeat of this again. You, Jophine; getting yet another black man locked up, because you're insecure".

"You're insecure!" I blurt. It's like he knows I'm me, but thinks I'm her. Nothings making sense. "You sick, twisted, fuck. And if you think that my father isn't going to find me, you are wrong".

He stood tall over me, staring me dead in the eyes. I kept a brave face, until he pulled that gun out again. "Dylan wasn't man enough to face me. He sure as he'll isn't man enough to 'save' you".

I started praying out loud, not thinking of anything else. I prayed for forgiveness for my sins, my wrong doing, the people I've hurt, for going against my father, for my poor actions. He told me to shut up, but I went on; praying my family does good if I don't make it, that they know exactly how much I love them, that Ty finds love after me. I prayed for Cordell, to come right with God and change his ways. I prayed to myself, to finally get this rope loose.

"One more word from you, and your head is mine" he now held the knife to my throat. I'm thinking he's gonna kill me anyway, but I'm not taking the chance. I took a deep breath, letting tears leave my eyes; spit just collecting in my mouth, it quivering.

Cordell smiled, probably happy he's finally getting the fear in me he wanted. Probably finally feeling in control. He chuckled, shaking his head "I've been with one girl, since I was 12. Did I cheat? Yes, but through all of those years; I only wanted that one girl".

I want to tell him "I don't give a fuck", but instead, I'm focusing on these ropes. He threw the gun on the bed, and pulled up a chair of his own, putting the knife right back my neck "I was in love. She gave me a son, I gave her my heart. And no matter the day, we made time to share our appreciation to one another".

"You see Jophine, I wasn't always a monster... your words. This is what happens, after 20 plus years of marriage. A marriage I was forced into".

"Please shut up" I ask in my head. I don't even care that he's not making sense, I just want out.

Tears tried to stay hidden in his eyes, as he goes on about this deep love. "Her eyes sparkled, hair like a goddess, a heart as pure as our innocent little boys".

Now I'm interested, and getting loose. Cordell hates daddy. If he's actually did have a heart, maybe he can find it before I lose my life.

He wipes his half ass'd tears, the knife shaking, touching my skin. "This is all your fault. You Josephine are the end of a chain of misery!".

His hand ran up the air, to fall across my neck. "You killed her!" he screamed, as he went to slice my throat.

As the knife just touches me, I kick him in the chest; sending both of our chairs to the ground. I know it's a bold move, but I luckily got one of my boney hands free. I quickly get the other one loose, as he comes around from confused. By the time he realizes what's going on, I'm heading for the hallway and to the stairs.

"You can't escape! We're locked in!" he tells, slowly scraping the knife down the Bannister, chasing after me.

I check the front door, the windows, and the back; as he's slowly following me. "You're wasting your energy Jophine!".

"Daddy! I scream in tears, now running for the patio door," daddy please!".

He ran up on me fast, as I tried to avoid getting too close. I felt like a rat in a trap. Tears blurred my vision again as I plea for help "daddy! Ty! Mommy! Uncle Shay!".

He laughed, holding the knife up to bludgeon me "you're done".

Shay 9:11

"I'm on my way there now. Don't make me cause a scene" I demand over the phone. Once I heard my uncles name, I called the institution he was being held in. Yes I already knew about his release, and was doing my damnest to keep him locked away, but it clearly didn't work.

The lady on the phone said she can't give personal information out, but I'm about to change that. I gave her one last chance before I threatened her life personally. I told her my niece is missing, I know they let a minor see one of their convicted patients unsupervised, and if she didn't give me the release information I know the patients are required to leave with them... that she herself, would end up missing or worse.

Once realizing I wasn't some one to joke with, she gave me uncle Frans transfer info. I called Dylan, still speeding to the institution.

"Shay, it's bad" he answers.

"I know. I have Frans new address. And I'm on my way to the mental facility now, so you gotta run over there".

"I might kill him Shay, whether he has Josie or not".

I grunt "ask me if I care.... I'm going to see if there are any clues he left behind, or if any other staff know about Jo" .

All I got was a thanks, and he was gone. Texting Dylan the address, I pull up to my destination in not time.

"I don't want to cause a scene, I just need to talk to somebody about Francis Shay" I state, grabbing everyone's attention.

A women steps up "That would be me".

Aurora 9:31

I'm watching out the window, for daddy or uncle Shay to return; hopefully with Josie. They both left without a word, and no one will tell me what's going on. From the looks of it, mom and aunt Molly are lost as well.

Aunt Felicity, and nanny resurface againg; asking what's going on. I sigh "I think daddy's daddy has Josie", still watching the window. Nanny took a long gasp, holding on to her chest "no".

She was so loud, mom heard and came running. "Ma, what's wrong?" she asked, checking nanny out. They guide nanny over to a seat, me still watching the window. "I've met Dylan's father. Aurora said Jo's with him" nanny tells.

I suck my teeth, finally pulling my attention away from the window "I said I think, he has her. No one's telling me anything; I'm making guesses". Agreeing, mom explains the situation to us. "Apparently Josie has been visiting Francis, and Ty told her she had one last time to say goodbye to him. He's the only place we didn't check for her. Shays going to the institution, and Dylan to his new address somewhere in Windsor".

Thinking back, I remember that address in my pocket "Windsor? Lacewood isn't in Windsor".

"Why would it be?" mom questions. I pull the paper out, handing it over "I found this in my pocket. It's Josies".

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Rushed chapter, so it needs a touch up. Anyway, I think next update will be the end.

(RV)
Raethecreator