Chapter Eleven

JOSEPHINE SHAY I

"Absolutely not!".

I watch daddy storm out of my room, almost taking the door with him.

For the most part, I don't really care. Mom can deal with him, I'm not up for it. I turned my light off, and laid back down for rest, but it didn't last long.

"Josephine, come downstairs" Vince hops up on my bed.

After him, comes mom, "Vince, go show uncle Shay your car collection please; mommy needs to talk to Josie".

"Goodnight bunny" I kiss his cheek, before he runs off.

Vince left, giving me the go to speak, "I just need the space mom. I can't keep... I can't live in this smoke, when... when I'm already losing my oxygen... I'm not strong like you... It's...".

"You can go" mom stops me from rambling on, "you can live with mom, if it makes you feel better". I bet this isn't what daddy wanted, when he sent mom in here.

So at this point, I'm confused. I thought I was gonna have to beg her, or just run away. This, I didn't expect.

"Mom, I'm not trying to cause trouble...".

"It's okay" she holds my face, as tears start to spill from my eyes, "of course I want you to stay, but helping you find yourself will hopefully make my baby happy. Just remember who always loves you".

There was no need for any more words. I hugged her tight, sobbing on her shoulder.

....

Waking up for school the next morning, the whole family was acting like nothing happened. It all seemed a bit too nonchalant for the way I've been acting.

"Josie, I need you to pick the kids up later" mom asks, packing everyones lunch.

Before I can agree, uncle Shay offers up his and ant Mollys services.

I shrug, "cool". "I'm gonna go talk to nanny after school, if your looking for me", I feel dad glaring at me.

All he wanted to do was talk last night, but the guys temper is so touchy.

"Talk to her about what?" Aurora cuts in. I haven't talked to Rora since the night she kind of went off on me. And no, I haven't forgot what she was saying.

I look to mom for her opinion. She gives me the go ahead, finishing up the lunches. "About moving in with her".

"Mom!?" Roar gasps. When mom averts, she turns, "daddy!? Jo, you can't leave".

"I'm only going to stay with nanny; we're always over there anyway".

"Know what, whatever" Rora storms from the table. Daddy got up to chase her, I take it he's feeling the same way she is. I look to Eve, asking if she's okay with my leaving.

Eve fakily smiled, "I'll keep your whole room warm". She's only 7; I know she doesn't want things to change.

"Thank you Evie. Oh, and mom, can you sign so I can go for my beginners. I know you don't want me driving so young, but it be easier to stop by home from nannys".

Mom sucked back her emotions, nodding, "sure".

..

When I got off the school bus, I went straight down the street to catch the city bus. It came almost right away, but of course Tyrone is looking for me. I watched him through the window, as the bus leaves him behind.

My phone starts ringing, me seeing Ty briskly walking back to school grounds.

"Hello?".

"Get off of that bus Jojo" Ty demands.