Chapter Twenty Eight

Dylan 9:33

Cops were already at the address my father left with the institution when I round the corner. They had the apartment building on lock down. Some how Ethan's friend found a way to make the search happen, without the whole waiting shit.

I jumped out my car, running past the yellow tape. "Hey, hey, hey!" I hear someone trying to stop me. I'm grabbed by another body, telling me to "chill out buddy". I'm already pissed, I ain't trying to get charged too; for smacking a suit.

"My daughter is in there, let me go. Josie! Josie baby!" I call out, "Josie!".

"Hold up" a cop approaches, clearly in charge "Dylan Shay?".

I shrug the other cop off of me, anxious to get in that building "yea. Is my daughter in there? She's 15, long black hair, beautiful eyes, perfect dimples, chocolate skin. Is my baby girl in there?".

"Mr. Shay, I'm Ethan's friend John. We've swept the whole building, and no sign of your daughter, or your father. He hasn't been seen here since his release".

My heart sank completely. All I want, is my daughter safe in my arms. I don't think I could go on without her. I forced my sadness out for anger. Dad has no idea what I will do to him, if he has my little girl.

"Are you positive? Could I go in and check myself?" I start for the building again, but John stops me. "I'm sorry Mr. Shay. We barely got clearance to go in there for a search" he explains, as, I get a call.

I answer as he goes on with useless information, as Ester gives me a new lead. I thank John, walking away. "And now Molly's gone" I'm informed. I pause, getting back into my car "wait, did you say Lacewood. 5 Lacewood Ave?".

"Yea, she just...".

Ester 9:41

"What he say mom?" Aurora asks, as I'm lost in my head.

I put the phone down, with nothing much to say "he hung up on me".

"But does he know the address?" Felicity asks.

I took a seat, ready to cry. I don't know exactly why yet, but I feel it coming on "yea, he knows". Mom and Felicity hear the unsteadiness in my voice, coming to comfort me. "It's okay Ester, I'm sure Josie is just fine" they try lightening the mood "that baby of ours is strong".

Tears fall, me swiping them away fast "where's Ty, maybe he knows more", I stand. Staring back out the window, Aurora points "he's not far behind ant Molly". Once Aurora announced that address, Molly was gone like a bat out of hell, and now Tyrone behind her. And honestly, I don't know what I'm still doing here; when I could be out looking for my child.

"Mom, can you stay with the kids? I'm gonna go too" I start throwing my things on. "I'm coming too" Felicity gets up. I pause, wanting to be alone "no, please. Could you stay with mom and the kids?". "Ester" she protest. "Felicity, you're pregnant, and I really just want to get there".

She thought long but fast, agreeing "fine, but be careful. I'll get E to follow you".

"He left too" Aurora buts in.

I shouldn't be the last to take action to find my daughter, so I left without another word. Though Dylan, Shay, Tyrone, and Ethan are out there looking, I can't just sit back and be the worried housewife. I have to find my little girl.

Shay 9:59

Dylan calls to tell me, to meet him at his old house. The house he grew up in. The house he vowed never to go back to. The house he watch his own father, kill his mother in.

Lucky for him, I'm already on my way there. After a chat with uncle Frans nurses, and a look around his old room; I saw his paintings. One in particular standing out to me; the old Shay household. It was beautifully crafted, but I caught something; a tiny head peeking out from the suite over the garage.

It was weird, and I remember Dylan saying ant Josephine would sometimes go missing. He said uncle Fran always told him she was out finding herself, but at night; there'd be a light on up in the suite.

I always knew uncle Fran was sick, but if what he did to ant Josephine is anything what I suspected; Josie is going to need all the help she can get.

When I got to the house, I didn't even shut the car off. I ran straight to the garage suite. As I'm searching through the closets, and all the rooms they're in; I hear it.

"Uncle Shay!".

It sounds like a whisper, but you know she's crying for help. I ran down the stairs, sliding down half of them, and went straight to the back door.

"Josie!" my voice shakes, seeing her scared for her life, as crazy uncle Fran is about to stab this little girl.

Molly 10:07

I thought "enough is enough", once hearing Dell's old address. I honestly didn't think he would do something like this; kidnapping his own grand child, but there's no defending him now.

Shay almost lost his car, as I fly into the driveway. I was glad someone was already here to rescue Josie, but I'm also praying for my child.

"Francis!" I call out, rushing through the house. I hear Josie screech, sending me to the kitchen.

"Mom, help Josie" Shay instructs me, as he's wrestling a huge knife from his uncle.

I quickly ran over to Josie, who now has a big stab wound in her shoulder. "Cordell, please stop" I beg, dragging Josie to the living room. I'm listing inventively to the fight, as I prop Josie up on the old sofa that's been here for too many years.

"You're okay Jo. Just hold this tight to your shoulder" I tell, giving her my now bundled up sweater.

After being sure she's okay I head back to the kitchen. Unfortunately, Shay has just lost the fight. I stare my only brother in his eyes as he has my baby clutched in his arms; with the knife to his neck.

A grin slid across his face "where is she?". I'm actually sick, I need to throw up. Shay begged with his eyes, for me to go. As much as I want to believe Dell wouldn't hurt him, I have doubt. He's already killed his wife, kidnapped his granddaughter, and is trying to now kill her.

"Francis, let him go" I try reason, "you know this isn't right".

He chuckles "what wasn't right, was you abandoning your own flesh and blood".

"It is nice to see you though. How have you been Molly?" he goes on.

"I've been better Francis. Let's not forget you're holding a blade to my sons neck".

He shrugs, holding Shay a little tighter "tell me, was someone holding one to my sons neck; all the times he was asked to testify for me? Were they!?".

We both started to panic as we hear more cars pulling up, as well as sirens. I was scared he would flip, and hurt Shay. I pulled out my gun from the back of my pants, to pressure him into it. Shay freaked, wondering where I got the gun, and Francis shocked I'd pull it on him.

I point the gun, forcing my tears back "put the knife down big bro". He smiled, telling me to trade Shay for Josie.

I laugh, keeping my eyes on him. Francis has never lost his temper or acted out of sorts around me, but when he opened his mouth; my heart sank. He started yelling, and spitting, shaking, calling the whole family names I've never even heard of.

All I want is my son. I don't care about Francis right now. I steady the gun, this time yelling for him to let Shay walk.

He slurped the spit from his mouth, shaking anxiously "if I can't have her... He will have to do".

My vision blurred with tears; Francis about to slit my baby's throat, when the gun goes off.

.

.

So here we are. The end. I'm thinking of a plot twist. Got about three endings right now, so next update should be soon.

.

.

RV
Raethecreator