Chapter Fifteen

CATCH UP

Getting home from the mall, after making it look like we were in school all day; me and Aurora went for a walk to the tree house. I felt close to her again, once she opened up to me at the rink.

No Browen wasn't in today, but Austin told me she was looking for new employees; meaning I'm taking way to long to get back to her.

Aurora grabbed the key before I could reach it, unlocking the door "you may enter".

I smirk, crawing in ahead of her. We sat quiet for a second. I was half smiling, thinking of me and Ty's make up in here, and how much I want him. I tried to stay calm and wait for Aurora to speak up, but replaying that day had be ready to burst out laughing for no reason at all. I finally couldn't take it anymore. We have to keep talking, I need more details of her story.

"Let me just say, you set the bar pretty high; for Eve and Sere... thats if they even end up like us" I start out slow. Aurora laughd, saying she knows.

I exhale, forgetting Ty; letting the news soak "I mean, my little sister; has a boyfriend. And not your average boyfriend, or even one like me and mom... you have an Aunt Felicity boyfriend. How?".

At the rink, Aurora admitted to a boyfriend; which is fine. The reason he's such a secret, is because he's older... much older, like close to 10 years older. A few people at school noticed her with him, and started making up rumors. Yes, because of his age; if they sleep together it's technically rape. Yes, since dating him, around the time she said; I've noticed she dresses a bit differntly, making people think she's being "tuned out" or something. And yes, her grades have dropped, I'm sure because of the stress she's dealing with just being with this guy.

Aurora peeked out the treehouse windows; checking for unwanted ears. "I didn't tell you at the rink, because I wanted to see how you'd react to his age first. I met him on the bus".

I laugh, "thats funny; I thought for a second you meant the school bus. Ha, imagine dating the bus driver".

"I did mean the school bus".

My nerves. I pause, staying calm "please tell me you aren't dating your bus driver. Rora, the man is older than daddy. He looks good but eww".

"No, no no. He's not the bus driver. It's Desmond, the student teacher".

My mind is blown. No wonder everyone at school knows somethings up; he works there. "Okay" I nod, "is this what you were talking about the day you yelled at me?".

She smiled, apologizing for going off that day, "yes. With people talking, Des might lose his job. I feel like it's my fault".

"It's both of ya'lls fault, if you want the truth. He knew better, and young or not, so did you".

..

Aurora asked for my advice, scared she'd make a wrong decision. At only 12, they should break up and maybe just be friends. But definitely, they can not see each around school, or even outside of school; especially with him working at hers.

.

Back home, we found mom and dad in the kitchen. Dad was helping prep for uncle Shays returning dinner.

They were whispering about something, mom just going along with what he's saying. From what I can piece together, they're talking about Cordell; probably about his release. I decide not to tell Aurora anything, and lead her away before she starts asking questions.

I take it Shay has the little ones, and I know ant Molly's out with Felicity house hunting again. Rora pulled me to the back, wanting to talk about Des some more. I can't say I'm happy for her, and I want to meet the guy whos dating a child; my little sister, but I love to see her smile. I remember how I felt when I first feel for Ty. All I wanted to do was be in his atmosphere, Snell him, touch him. He made me feel whole and I loved it.

"But yea, he's really nice. He doesn't see me for my age, but for my maturity" she brags. She's so giddy, it's weird.

..

I spent 30 minutes hearing about Des, and I can't listen to this much longer, without voicing all of my concerns. I stand, inching away, "well Aurora, you just be careful. If you need me, I'm a call away".

"Hey, where you running to? Can I come; it's boring here?.

I'm actually going to visit our grandfather, so "no", she can't come.

Lying, I readjust my outfit "ah, I won't be too long. Seeing a man, about a fish"

She giggled, "if you want to go hang with Ty, just say so"

Thinking on my feey, I tell her I'm going out with Cree. Ty wouldn't lie for me if she called looking. Aurora bought my lie, glad I actually have a friend again.

..

When I got to the institution, reception remembered my face. "Shay?" She smiles.

"Yup. Is my grandfather around?" I look to the window he usually paints in.

She doubled checked her sheets, confirming "here it is. Cordell was released earlier today".

Forgetting about our new relationship, I think about the one with my father. I wonder if he actually knows about Cordells release. He's going to straight flip when he finds out, if he ever does. I defiantly can't tell him; than he'll know I've been visiting his father.

"Francis Shay? You're sure?".

He must have cured world peace. Just yesterday, he had about a month or some weeks to wait.

"But... he left this for you. I think it might be his new address. Do you want it?", she slid a small envelope over.

Probably not. There was security here, people watching us. I can't go to his new place alone, but I can't treat him like daddy and just not see him anymore either.

I put the envelope in my sweatpants, and headed over to the candy shop 15 minutes from my house; where I ran into Cree. She smiled, sampling a piece of blue raspberry licorice "hey friend".

"Hey Cree, whats up?" I walk by, her coasting with me.

"Nothing too much, satisfying my sugar babies" she chews, bagging all sorts of candy as we walk by.

I grin a little, remembering how much of a sweet freak Cree apparently still is. She went on, asking what I was doing here. "You nervous about something? What is it?".

Aww, she still knows me. I start bagging candy as she is, thinking I might need more than I thought. I release a long breath, "a few things actually. But I don't really want to talk about it. The candy will do".

She shrugs "I remember you running through my stash of sweets whenever something was on your mind. I also remember you spilling your guts, as you crapped it all out a few hours later".

I laugh, me and Cree reaching the counter to pay. She playfylly nudges me, "seriously, come over. I got the ride, rents are gone, just got paid, it's almost friday night...".

"Okay, okay" I giggle, stopping her from going into a whole song, "it's a date, but I gotta be home for dinner".

"Yea, a date".

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Does anyone wanna make up a back story as to why Cordell was released so quick? What he has over the nurse he sweet talked into letting him spend some time with Josie? Or why he has the reception lady freaked to go near him?

Happy reading

Multimedia Cree & Josie (Zonnique Pullins & Bahja Rodriguez)

(RV)
RaetheCreator