Chapter Seven

ASSUMING

We all sat down for the big meal mom and Boo City cooked up. Ant Molly sat with a smile, explaining how thankful she was to have us; all of us, and even though nanny couldn't make it, she was happy to have her as well.

When Molly moved away, all she had was Shay. He stayed with her most of the time, but was back and forth from there, to his own family. I never understood why she'd move, if she knew it would be lonely... but that's adults for ya.

"It's just really good to be back. Getting to know all my nieces and nephews" she goes on.

Felicity chimes in "don't forget about us ant Molly". We all look to Felicity sitting with uncle Ethan, Romeo, and their daughter Casey.

"I see you Boo. It's good to be back with everyone" ant Molly insures her.

Felicity stood up, to make an announcement; clearing her throat. She first stared at me, and Tyrone who bravely stayed to eat, than around at everyone else, "I'm actually glad you came back at this time Molly. With the whole family here; with the exception of Shay & Aj, Ethan and I can share our little secret".

I see Romeo break his neck to look at her, his eyes wide, "mom, no".

"I'm pregnant" she beams. Romeo and Casey both slam their hands on their heads. "With trips" Felicity adds, bending to kiss uncle Ethan.

Mom laughed, saying they were trying to catch up with her and dad, but dad didn't find anything funny right now.

He cleared his throat, "why'd you look at Jo before announcing that?".

Felicity was a bit taken back; ready to reply, when dad turns to Ty, "you got something to share with us boy?".

"Dad!" I whine.

Ty glanced around the table, confused. "Look at me Tyrone, I asked you a question" dad keeps on.

Mom was also confused; dad acting all out of character. Tyrone sat up straight, being polite "well Mr. Shay; if you're asking if I got Jojo pregnant, she would have to answer that question".

I groan, displeased with my father. My life has become so dramatic; it's throwing my whole train of thought.

All the adults and Rora stare me down, waiting. I feel Ty reaching for my hand under the table, whispering in my ear. Thats when daddy got up, "Josephine Sarah Shay, you tell me right now; this boy didn't get you pregnant".

"Dylan, sit down" mom asks nicely, but dad isn't hearing it. "Josie, I'm getting upset".

Honestly, he was scaring me a bit, and for sure the rest of the kids and women. I can't recall a time ever seeing dad mad.

I finally decide to respond, not giving him what he wants. "So what if I am?" I question calmly, "what if I make you a grandfather at only 34?".

"Josie, you too" mom tries to stop my attitude.

"No Ester, let her finish" he holds his finger out. "I was finished" I snarl.

Tyrone forced his seat back, standing to his feet. He grabbed my hands behind his back, apologizing; pulling me to the garage with him.

He shut the door, and pressed his lips against mine; without turning the light on. I thought he was mad too, but I guess he just feels bad.

"Why are you doing this baby? You gotta stop" he holds my face.

Tears left my eyes, my old emotions coming back "he started it. How can my own father flip on me?".

"Jo, there is so much stress that comes with caring for someone as important as your child. I know where he's coming from".

"Fuck you mean, you know where hes coming from?" I step back. If this nigga has a kid, I'm outski.

"Jo, I was just saying...".

"I swear to god Ty, if you have a secret child; I will...".

He grabbed my arms, calming me down "it's Trent! I practically raised him. My love for him, is deeper than just a younger sibling. Jo; he's worried about you".

Ant Molly walks in, as I'm wiping more tears. She got me and Ty to both come back in to finish dinner. I wanted to leave, and let dad go crazy, and to get Ty away from him, but here we are.

The rest of dinner was thick with tension. Conversation happened around me, as I plot my next move. I don't feel like being hounded by daddy anymore. I want to spend as much time as I can with Tyrone, and I'm overall ready to be my own woman.

Ty left first, followed by Boo City and Ethan. I went to my room, to pack a small bag; making up my mind. Aurora knocks at the door, letting herself in. "Where you going?" she eyes my bag.

"Nowhere babe. Whats up?".

She knows I'm lying, I can tell. Rora sat on my bed, plucking at stuff on the night stand "Jo, it's happening. You're changing".

I think back to earlier at the playground, Rora half crying about me being like mom and dad.

Looking myself up and down, I protest I'm the same.

Rora huffed, "really? Cause you would never pick a fight with daddy, or back talk".

"You don't know whats going on Rora, and daddys the one picking fights. When did he change?".

She yelled at me, asking when I became so selfish. "I have shit going on too, but I'm not seeking attention".

"You're 12 Aurora, what in the hell could you possibly have going on?".

She sucked her teeth, "know what, never mind. But I swear you're acting the way nanny says mom did when she got pregnant with you and daddy left".

"Mom was a cold bitch, and for good reason. It's the reason she's so strong and independent. You remember that!?" I school her.

By mistake, I know that daddy left mom young and pregnant, I know he hadn't met or even seen me until I was 3, and I know he burned down the roller rink mom now partly owns. He made mom worse, before making her better.

Aurora got in my face, relaxing the air. She sighed, looking deep into my eyes, "this shit sounds very familiar. So if you're carrying Jo; just tell them, because the dysfunction in this family is really tearing me apart, not to mention Eve, Vince, Sere, and Les".

Rora left the room, like she just did something. All she did, was add to my stress.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Multimedia Felicity (RayeRaye Boyce)

(RV)
RaetheCreator