Chapter Twelve

YOU NEED THIS

I end up at Tyrones house. I knew if Nanny caught me missing school, she'd go on and on about getting my education and how much time I'll waste if I have to go back. Ty said his mother wanted to see me, so here I am.

She cleared a spot in the living room for me to sit, grabbing us drinks. "It nice to see you again Josie. How's the family? How are you?".

I thank Ms. Brown for the iced tea, giving the "everyones good".

"Even you? Tyrone doesn't say much, but I know somthing is going on".

I chuckle, half mad with her "well you are taking my only friend away. I should lock him up somewhere".

"I know, I know. If he were a little older, I'd let him stay if he wanted. But Trent and I need him".

Forcing back sadness, I crack a smile "I understand. I just miss him already. Promise to keep him out of trouble? His big heart gets in the way".

Yes I just stormed off from him, but that doesn't change how I feel. And now I'm mad at myself for always causing shit lately.

She got up to hug me, seeing I want to cry "aww, Josie. Honey, we won't be gone long. The work contract is only 4 years".

"4 years!" I burst into tears, it all hitting me. I shouldn't of come here. The house all packed up, game room empty, backyard clean. It's like the life was sucked out of the house.

"Okay" she rubs my back, "don't cry. Just think, in that time; you both will be able to make your own decisions. You can come visit for the summer, or he can come back and visit with mom. It's not all bad".

Her bright sides aren't working for me. It's hard enough letting him go; I cant do it every summer too.

"I'm sorry Ms. Brown" I sob, wiping my face.

She hands me a box of Kleenex, offering I stay for dinner. "Most of the house is packed up, buy I still feed my boys well".

As much as I would love to stay for one or her "all out" meals, I have to go convince nanny to let me stay with her period.

"I have to kindly decline your offer. Can we reschedule?" I dry my tears.

..

Leaving Tys, his mother planned a dinner for the last day they are here. I thought about having my whole family over too, but decied against it. I'm not in civil likings with daddy, Rora, and she doesn't know it, but ant Molly as well. Besides, they would take away from my time with Ty, Ms. Brown, and Trent.

I bus to nannys, making it look like I just got off school. When I enter the house, I see she has food brewing, but I don't see her.

"Nanny! Nanny!" I call out, tasting whatever she's conjuring up on the stove.

She appeared out of nowhere, slapping my hand down "stealing are ya".

"Hello to you too Nanny" I smile, forcing a loving hug on her.

She stands, not showing any love back "what do you want Josie?".

Nanny and the little ones are the only ones I like calling me Josie, but she making it sound real salty right now. "Dang Nanny, can't a granddaughter, come and visit her beautiful grandmother? Is that a crime?".

"No its not, but you're hugging me... so what do you want?".

That's bullshit, I hug her all the time. I love my nanny. Why would she assume something fishy? "Nanny" I gasp, shocked she is even thinking this way.

"Don't nanny me Josie" she pulls out he baking supplies, "tell me what you want, and stop trying to butter me up".

"Fine" I drag, helping out after washing my hands, "how would you feel about a house guest for a few?".

She snaps "few What!?".

I'm gonna take a chance and say weeks, and play it from there. Nanny laughed. measuring some dark brown sugar, but I don't see whats funny.

"I dont know if you know, but theres some stuff going on. I just need a change for a little bit. Please nanny? I won't get in you way".

She sighed deeply, as if she doesn't want the company. Before she can say "yes", I throw my arms around her "thank you, thank you".

"Did you ask your mother and father? I can't see Dylan letting you move out".

I explain I'm not moving, and that daddy is kind of the problem. "Mom said yes, and I'm sure she's tickled him into agreeing by now. He hasn't said anything".

"Yea well, you need to talk to him first; before lugging your things over here".

What is this; some kind of lesson? I thought making the switch would run smoother than this. I know if I talk to daddy, its going to end with his final word; probably being "no"... again.

"And don't come lying, acting like you did" she points her whisk.

I grin sweetly, as if I'd never try that; which I wouldn't . "How about I; make sure he sees me leave, and if he says nothing, we're all good?". He was mad when I brought it up, but he ain't said shit all since.

"And don't come with your 15 year old logic. You clung to that man the first time you saw him".

I want to stop her, but I'd probably get smacked. I love my father till the death of me, which is why it's so hard for us to squash this. All I'm asking for is a little break.

Nanny went on, reminding me of how close we were, and how much I loved our sleepovers until mom and dad finally moved in together.

I almost started to cry, missing him so much; missing us. I've cried for Ty already today, dad will have to wait.

"Your mother didn't have her father long, neither did I. So if you keep this up with yours; who even though left before you were born, you will regret it when you need him most".

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Multimedia Ms. Brown (Monique)

(RV)
RaetheCreator