Chapter Three

MIXED EMOTIONS

My heart sank to my stomach. I was numb, and that's what I wanted; to feel nothing.

I sat on the fountain alone, as Tyrone watched me from his car. I asked the boy to leave, but he's waiting to be sure I get home safe.

All I want to do, is throw a boulder into his windshield. How could he do this, tear us apart, and on top of it all; make it worse by saying he loved me. It took him 4 years, and he decides to say it now.

"My life" I drag, letting my head fall back. I'm not crying yet, but when I get home...

As I'm holding it together so he won't see how bad he really hurt me, my ride finally shows. They took what seemed like forever to get here, but I'd rather wait, than let Tyrone take me back home.

Ty watched me with sad eyes, as I near my ride. I didn't look at him; it would only make things worse.

"Why is your boyfriend just sitting there? And why couldn't he take you home? Did he hurt you? Are you ok?". I'm bombarded with questions, as I take a seat; pulling my seat belt on.

I text mom, asking her to go to my room and wait for me. "Uncle Ethan, can you not?" I grin. He acts like my father, whenever dad isn't around.

"I was just checking. You are okay though, right? Is there anything I can do?".

We round the park, reaching the exit, and Ty is still sitting there; watching me. I sigh, forcing tears to not fall, "no, uncle E; I'm fine. Thanks".

..

When I got home, all the kids greet me. I swear these children have ears like dogs. Whenever someone enters the house, they have to see who it is; mom needs to get them to stop doing that.

"Josie, Josie, can we color?" a tiny Les', tugs at my pants. Yes he gave me hell last night, but I love him. For 1 almost 2 years old, he has such a big heart. "I'm sorry babe, sissy needs to lay down. Okay?".

Right after Les, Evelyn and Serephine want to watch a movie on my big screen. I tell them "yes", but they can't bring anything in my room.

Trying to calm myself down; or at least hold it until I get to mom, isn't working with these kids at my feet. "Josephine! Josephine! Josephine!" Vincent sings. Before I can tell him to stop; my better half shows up.

Aurora picked Vince up in her arms. She points to me, telling Vince to look, "Jo is clearly upset bunny; so can you leave her alone. Be a good little brother. Can you do that for your favorite sister?". I smile, as Vince scrunches his face; thinking if Rora is his fave today.

He held her, looking like such a cute innocent boy, "okay, Rora. My sorry Josephine". I kiss his cheek, and the tears just fall, "thank you bunny". I wipe my tears, but these ones aren't from Ty; they're for the love of my siblings. I wink, mouthing "thank you" to Aurora.

If there is one person I can always count on, it's Aurora. Once mom became pregnant with Eve, I sort of became Roras mom; not because I had to, because I wanted to, and we didn't want mom worrying about us.

.

I get to my room, and mom is letting the girls struggle to get their movie to work. I help them out, and pull mom to her bedroom. Before I could explain to her, I needed to get my cries out. We told dad to watch the kids, and mom held me as we cuddled on her bed; me balling my eyes out.

It wasn't long until the headache began, and I fell asleep. When I woke up, mom was gone, and the room dark. I walked to their bathroom, looking at myself. My eyes look like I've been stung my a bunch of bees, and my face is crusty from the tears. And it's all Tys fault.

How could he leave me like this? Why would he want to? I forced myself not to start crying again. After a long hard look at how torn and unhappy I was in the mirror, I sucked all my emotions back. I do love Ty, and clearly I'm sad to see him go, but he will not see me like this. I'm going to say goodbye to him, and that will be that.

...

Waking up the next morning, I wanted something to smile about. Though I often feel I deserve some uninturrepted quiet time to myself, I wouldn't change the fact that mom and dad went on a birthing spree, and had 4 more kids after Rora. With me trying to keep my mood up and be brave, I took the 5 out for a day with Jo since we all have a PD day from school. Mom will be happy we're spending time together, and dad will have some time to fondle mom. Gross; I know, but they are so lovey dovey, and with the kids around, they try hard, but not hard enough, to hide it.

.

On the walk to our destination, I get a call from Ty. Ignoring it, he calls back.

He's been calling non stop since last night. I'm surprised he didn't show up at the house. It's bad enough he's leaving me, but he didn't have to take me to cloud 9; only to drop me.

"So you're going to act like your phone isn't ringing?" Aurora sucked her teeth, I guess tired of Drakes hotline bling playing over and over again.

I sigh, not minding her attitude; though I know she's joking. The smaller ones run ahead as we near the playground.

"Josephine?" Vince slows down, will you swing with me?".

Aurora took Les's stroller from me, for the go ahead.

.

Once Vince got tired of me, he ran off with the others. Thankfully we're the only ones here right now, so I don't have to worry too much.

Watching my little brothers and sisters play and giggling, puts a smile on my face. They're happy, and if witnessing the sweet innocence of my mini cupcakes mask the real misery I'm feeling; then I'm all in.

.

.

.

.

.
.

.

.

Vince (Kamron Frederic), is Dylan's (Dreux Frederic aka Lil Fizz) son in real life.

Multimedia Vince (Kamron Frederic)

(RV)
RaetheCreator