End

The sound of Tyrone singing his heart out, woke me up from a well needed nap. I tried reaching for my phone to answer his call, but with Ivan on my chest, Ira resting on my arm, and my little peanut Sophia laying up on my stomach; I couldn't move. I'm not in a bad mood, but hearing his voice made me want to cry; like it always does when he calls. Tears well up in my eyes, as mom darts in my room to answer my phone.

"Hello Ty" she catches her breath, watching me wipe my tears. She knows I do this when I hear that ring tone he made before he left.

Mom also wiped my tears, as she stalled Ty on the phone "we're all doing good Ty, thank you. I hope you're staying out of trouble. Your mother and I are rooting for you".

I hear him laugh, telling mom he's been a good boy. She smiled, kissing my head "that's good. You keep up the good work honey, and we'll see you soon. Here's Jo".

I thank her, as she takes one of the twins from me. Ty sighed, asking how mad I am.

Honestly, I'm so mad; I'm past it. We haven't spoken in almost two weeks, he was supposed be back home for Sophia's christening next week, and he keeps saying he'll be here, but something comes up at school.

His exams are done, so there's no reason he shouldn't be here when he said he would.

I didn't respond, so he continued; telling me him still not being here is a minor setback. Giving it's been a month now, that's an understatement.

"Do you hear yourself Ty? I waited two weeks for you" I get a little too anxious, "what was so important?". I want to scream, but remember the little ones on me.

Missing him, is like running low on oxygen. I'll admit I've been stressed out lately. I just want everything back to normal.

Ty took a deep breath "Jo I'm sorry. We both knew this wouldn't be easy".

"No Ty, I didn't know. You keep telling me you have free time, and when I go to look for it; something comes up. I'm tired of getting my hopes up!".

"Baby, we can talk about this late... ".

"Can we?", I cut him off.

He cleared his throat ignoring me "how is she?".

Now I'm crying. I hate this emotional shit; it's weak. I hide my sobs, "crawling".

It was an extremely hard decision for the both of us, but I convinced Ty to still go off to school after finding out I was pregnant. Those days, he called constantly, video chats, texts, everyday voice mails. It half killed me letting him go, but it was best for the three of his.

After having the baby; which he missed, his time became more and more limited. I'd send updates on the baby, the family, and simple things but rarely got a response.

I know he's busy, but 2 weeks is the longest we've gone without contact.

Ty groaned a little, me hearing that he's also smiling. "She looks more like you and your mother everyday" I sigh, wiping my fallen tears.

"I am trying Jojo. I've been trying to get home to you two this whole time. Even mom and Trent were coming back up. It's just taking longer than I expected".

There's nothing I wouldn't do for Ty, and no way I could actually blame him for any of this. We agreed on it, and I'm sticking with him through the good and bad.

"We can move the christening back again. I don't want you to miss this too; no shade".

He laughed, to hide the pain. He cried for missing the birth of his first, but he was here that same night to meet her. "No, don't worry. I'm going to send mom up, and see what I can do".