Interlude

~~~~~~~~~

"𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓮𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮

𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓮𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶

𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀

𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽

𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓪 𝓵𝓸𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓮𝓮

𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓫𝓮 𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂

𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓪𝓫𝓵𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝔂"

~~~~~~~~~~

Things have changed. 

The safe confines of Mystic Falls are far behind City Thomas as she is dragged through the states. The Hybrid is on a mission, and he is dragging City's life with him. A decision she can't yet decide if she likes or not.

The Bond is growing. They can both feel it every day. And as one fights it, the other gives in. It's a constant internal battle for both as they go against their natural desires.

But after a long summer, the young wolf will eventually return home as a new-old problem arises. Just like her, City's friends aren't forgiving, but unlike her, they are willing to go one step farther than dealing with life. They are ready to bring death.

And City knows the pain that comes with those actions. She loves her friends without a doubt. But he has stirred something inside of her that she hasn't felt in a long time. And for the first time, she finally has to choose sides. 

Because the middle is a war zone she can't be stuck in. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Diary,

Never thought I would be doing this. Could never understand the appeal to everyone back home. But for some reason, everyone did this. Elena, Stefan, and my father. Never thought my life was that exclusive to write down, but then again, nothing ever used to happen in Mystic Falls. But the boredom grows every day, and this gives me something to do.

It has been a long summer. Traveling up and down the eastern coast has been both tiring and irritating. And the company doesn't help. I follow the Ripper as he takes orders from the werewolf seeking Hybrid. It sounds like a bad TV show. The blood addicted, remorseful Ripper. The egotistical, narcissistic, Hybrid content creating his own race. And me, the unlucky werewolf trying to give humanity to the vampire and avoid the bond connecting her to the hybrid.

Stefan isn't the Stefan I once knew. He tried to resist the blood, but I guess you can never really deny what you are. He is on another Ripper bend, and there is no Lexi coming to save him. I'm afraid he may never come back from this one. His temper is shorter and Klaus knows exactly how to step on it. Every night there is a new body, and as Stefan stacks it back together with remorse, Klaus stares on with glee. But Stefan is off the rails again and I don't know what to do. I don't know how to do what Lexi did. I don't know how to save him.