Chapter 1

Twenty years ago,

Doutzen Kròs' POV

Martha is already sleeping. It has been a very long day. I walked away from Martha's bed and out of the room. I let out a big sigh. Ethan died today. In a car accident. I still can't believe the fact that he already left me and Martha alone. The fact that he actually spend the whole 2 weeks away from us. I don't really care if he didn't spend it with me but Martha need him. As a father. Martha needs a father.

Suddenly I heard my doorbell ringing. I snapped out of my thoughts and ran downstairs to get the door. As I opened the door, I saw a brunette lady, her attire definately reflects a woman who got rich by marrying a rich man.

"Can I help you?" I asked. The lady's eyebrows raised. The face looked shocked.

"You don't even know me do you?" What the hell she meant by that? Who does she thinks she is that I have to know her?

"As a matter of fact, yes. I dont know you. So, may I help you miss?"

"Fiesty. I wonder what Ethan sees in you." She said then barged into my house.

"Excuse me, who do you think you are? Barging into my house? And how do you know Ethan?" I followed her as she walks towards the hall, looking around the house.

"Nice house. Cozy, suits for a family. Unfortunately Ethan didn't put my name on this house in his will."

Will? What will? On her name? Who the hell is she?

"What the hell are you talking about?" I lose my temper to this woman.

"You, Douzten Kròs, married to Ethan Hunt. Taking care of his daughter, Martha Hunt. You are a writter, a magazine editor. Let me ask you something, Doutzen, why haven't you change your surname after you married Ethan?"

This woman is really getting on my nerves. She didn't even tell me her name, but she already knew mine. I didn't change my surname because Ethan said so. He said it's better that way. Is she Ethan's mistress or something? But that's impossible. Ethan could not afford a mistress. He's just a reporter.

"I am not telling you anything unless you start talking about yourself, miss."

"Polite as always. I'm Lindsay. Lindsay Ellingson. Or should I say Lindsay Hunt. I am Ethan Hunt's wife."

What the hell? What the hell is this woman talking about? Wife? Ethan had another wife? Since when? Is this the reason why he didn't spend most of his time with me? With Martha? Oh no. Tears started to streaming in my eyes.

"Wha-what are you talking about?"

"After Ethan's first wife, Janet, died, after giving birth to twins, Ethan married me, and, you. To take care of his twins."

"Twins? What?"

"Ethan never told you any of these do you? Janet had twins. A boy and a girl. Martha and Jonathan. He married me, and let me took care of Johnathan. I guess he married you, to take care of Martha."

"What? Thats impossible. Ethan's just a reporter. He can't even support us. How can he-he support you?"

"Reporter? Ahahaha Ms. Kròs, you don't really think your husband is a reporter is he?" Lindsay handed me a piece of newspaper. I haven't read any newspaper today. I reached for the newspaper and read the front topic.

'Hunt Enterpise's CEO died due to car accident.'

I continue reading the article. My eyes caught the sentence 'Ethan Hunt died due to car accident, leaving almost 10 billion asset to his wife, Lindsay Hunt and his son, Jonathan Hunt.'

"Wha-what is this? Why didn't I know this? Or this must be a mistake. This must not be my Ethan. It-it's imposs--"

"It's not, Doutzen. It's the truth. Let me guess, you didn't change your surname because Ethan says so? Why do you think he did that? To hide his second family of course."

"We are not his second family. Well, I am. But Martha isn't. Martha is his daughter! She has the right in these!"

"Martha was an unwanted child! Janet died because of giving birth to her, Ethan never wanted a daughter. He wanted a son, for his heir. Martha's lucky that Ethan married you. To take care of you"

No. No. This is not happening. NO.

"He-he loved me. He loved Martha. He loved both of us!"

"He never loved you Doutzen. If he loved you, why haven't you carried his seed? I had a son with Ethan. You, you never carried his seed, Doutzen. Do you still think he loved you? He married you so you can take care of his daughter, now he left you with nothing except for this house and me to look for your needs."

No. It was the ugly truth. Ethan did touch me. He did sleep with me. But why i never carried his seeds? Is it true that Ethan married me only to take care of his unwanted daughter? Is it true that Ethan never loved me? I was speechless. I sat down on the couch to catch my breath. I still can't believe this. This is too much for me.

"Look, I know this is too much for you, but I have things to do. Here's my card. Ethan asked me a favor, to take care of your needs. So call--"

"I don't need any help. I can take care of myself and Martha. I have a job. My job is enough to take care of our needs. I am not some slut who uses my dead husband's money for my need. If you may, Mrs Lindsay, please leave. I also have a lot of things to do. And I don't want to awake Martha. Please leave."

Lindsay stares me for a while.

"Fine. I'll leave. I'll also leaving my card here, you know, if you need any--"

"I dont and I wont. Leave. Take your card and leave. Don't ever come again. Ethan don't want Martha in the first place. From now and on, Martha Hunt is under my responsibility. And for the last time, leave. Lindsay."

I rubbed my forehead and let out a big sigh. Few seconds later I heard the door shut. Lindsay left.