Chapter 30

Johnathan Hunt's POV

I sat down on my chair. Waiting. She should've come by now. She should be. I stare at the door. Suddenly it opens. But it's not her. Damn.

"What the hell were you thinking?"

"Be more specific, mom." Yes. It's mom. And she's mad.

"Announcing to the world about your long lost twin sister? Are you insane?!"

"No. Not yet. Unlike you, my mind is still sane."

"What are you talking about?"

"Why did you told Ms. Kròs that you had a son with dad?"

She silenced.

"Hmph. I never knew you could be that cruel. Tell me, why did you even marry my dad?"

"What? Of course the answer will be because I love him! Cruel? Watch your mouth, young man."

"Love? Love him or his wealth?"

"John!"

"Your actions years ago made my trust to you blown away."

"What action? Not putting your lovely twin on the will? Or--"

"By lying to me! Hiding her from me all these years! You knew she exist, how she lived with her stepmom, yet you made her stepmom felt worthless, used and betrayed by my dad!"

She was speechless.

"So tell me, why did you marry my dad? Because at this moment, I couldn't think of anything else except that you marry him because of his wealth."

Suddenly the door opens. It's her.

"So I guess my plan worked after all." I said.

"Your plan? You call that a plan?" Her hands making some air quote.

"Well, you're here, aren't you?"

"Tch. Typical rich bastard."

Did she ju--

"Why?" She asked

"Why? I want to talk."

"Can't you call? Text? Can't you just do normal thing like other people do instead of acting like a jerk, making some stupid press conference to lure me in to talk to you."

"I did. I called. I texted. In fact, I want to your home, looking for you. Your mom said you went somewhere. Just so you know, I'm not some normal people. I have power and wealth. Why not use it?"

Her jaw dropped.

"Unbelievable. I think it's the best we don't know each other once. Now it's a mess. All because of you."

"Sooner or later they will find out, Martha. Trust me, you can't hide forever."

"I've been hiding for 26 years. So why can't I do it for another 26 years?" I knew that was her plan.

"Well, too late now, sister." I smirked at her.

She turned to mom whom staring at her the last five minutes.

"I guess this is Mrs. Hunt." Mom was speechless.

"I wonder what my dad sees in you, Ma'am. Lying to my mom is not a good choice, Ma'am."

I widened my eyes to Martha, who was still eyeing my mom. Mom parted her lips in suprise. Mom turned to me. Her eyes were scared. How the hell did she know that?

Wait, was she e--

"I heard a commotion from inside when I arrived just outside the door. I couldn't help but evesdropping on you guys."

I parted my lips to say something but she continued.

"Any more dirty little secret I didn't know?"

"Martha,"

"Don't. Okay? Just fucking don't. You ruined my life already. You and your mom. You what your words of lies cost, Mrs. Hunt?" She paused.

"It cost my mom. My fragile hearted mom. For years she's been working so hard like she's gonna live for another thousand years. She didn't slept well, she got sick. She cried all night everyday. She. Was. At. Her. Worst." She stared into my mom's eyes. Then she turned to mine.

"And you, John, for a moment I felt a little bit of excitement because I had flesh and blood whom still alive, but right now, after that press conference of yours, It's all gone. You are putting my job, my mom's career at risk, you know that? I can't even walk peacefully in this city anymore."

"Martha," I muttered.

"How much more will you and your mom wants to ruin my life? Huh? I don't care what dad did to me, but at least, I thought you, John, would make things better. I guess I was wrong." I could see tears her eyes are filled with rage and anger.

"Stay away from me, John. From me, and my mom. Do not try to even contact us." She turned away and walk towards the door.

She opens the door and turn her head to us. I saw the guy from the other day who held her when she first found out about us standing outside my office. Who the hell is he? Why is he always around her? And why he looked so familiar?

"Oh and, go fuck yourselves. Both of you."

She gave me a smile. More like an evil smile. She walked out of the room and close the door behind her.

"Fucking hell." I murmured.

"I'm sorry, I di--"

"You haven't answered my question, mom."

"What?"

"You heard me, mom!"

"Fine. Yes. I do married your dad for his wealth. I never knew he had another wife. I didn't knew he married that bitch and let her took care of his daughter. Until one day a little birdie told me, I didn't have a choice."

"Choice? What choice?" That does not sound good.

"Threatened him. I told him if he told that bitch who the hell is he, I swear I kill you."

What?

"Yes. You. The only precious thing he has under my possesion. So he obeyed. But he can't help himself from spending more time with that bitch he's in love with. And yet leave me no other choice."

I clenched my jaw in anger and my palm into fist. My eyes are now filled with rage and anger.

"I threaten him again." She laughed. "I can't believe how fast he fall for it. I told him I would ruin his beloved wife's and daughter's life in a split second"

"I guess he really loved them both. And you. So he left them for good, stayed with us. But then I got greedy."

This couldn't get any worse. I wish I could ask her to stop, but I can't. I have to know the truth. It's now or never.

"I wanted his wealth. All of them. After two weeks staying with us, I made him involved into an accident. Classic, isn't it? After his funeral, I went to that bitch's house. Told her everything. Well, most of things." She smirked.

I widened my eyes in disbelief. She killed him. She killed dad. For money. I clenched my fist and jaw in anger.

"Are you even human?" I muttered.

"You don't know how it feels to grew up in foster home, bullied, struggles to live, for food. Your dad made it all better."

"You, on the other hand, are so much like your dad, naive, easily fooled. Unlike your little sister just now. She's smart. Although a bit stupid she doesn't want to do anything with you." She continued.

"I'm not." I murmured. It's over now, is it?

I smirked at her. "I'm not stupid, naive like my dad. No, scratch that. My dad is not stupid and naive at all."

I pulled a voice recorder from my pocket. Yes. A voice recorder. I showed her the object and her eyes widened in fear. She blinked a few times.

"Now, Lindsay, any other dirty little secrets I didn't know?"