Chapter 22

Nathan Aldridge's POV

Talk? What does she wants to talk about? God she's making me nervous. I slipped in my shirt and pants. I grinned thinking about how her reaction when she saw me half naked just now. She looked so innocent sometimes. I walked away from my closet amd towards the bed. I sat on the edge of the bed.

I still can't get it off my mind, the image of she's crying just now. Why? What made her so sad? The last time she looked so weak and vulnerable was-- her dad. The necklace. She wasn't wearing it. Did she lost her necklace? No. She musn't have. I ran my eyes around the room. Suddenly my foot touches something cold. I bend down and reach my hand for it.

Oh it's her necklace. I walked out of the room. I saw her eating her warm soup. I took a seat in front of her.

"You dropped this." I said and put the necklace on the dining infront of her.

She moved her head a little to get a better view of the object I just put down. Her face expression changed. I knew it has something to do with this.

"Thanks." She ignored the necklace.

She took a sip of her soup. I look at the bracelet I gave her yesterday on her wrist. It looks really good on her.

"Anyway, what were you wanna talk about?"

She didn't replied right away. Her eyes were closed and her fingers were on her temples. She was pressing her temples lightly with her eyes closed.

"Martha, are you okay?" I asked.

She opened her eyes heavily and looked at me. She gave me a weak smile.

"Yeah, just a little headache."

Of course she did. She haven't eaten all day. I guess. I stood up and sit next to her.

"Here, let me help." I said as I removed her hands from her temples and replaced it with mine.

"It's okay, Nath--"

"Shh, just relax. It'll ease the headache a little."

I pressed her temple lightly. Her skin is still warm. Martha let out a soft moan several times. God she has to stop doing that. Suddenly my doorbell rang. Who and what the hell is he doing here?

"Nathan, you have to get the door."

"Yeah." I got up and walk towards the door.

I opened the door.

"Nate! I have some news for you." Lily.

"Lily. Great timing sis."

"You always have such a warm welcoming, do you?"

"Make it quick, Lily. I'm busy." Busy? Am I?

"Geez, fine. Mom said-- ooh you have a guest." She said as she walks into the kitchen.

Damn it. How the hell she knows that? Well of course she knows because the chicken soup scent is all over the house.

"Martha? Is that Martha Hunt?"

God no. Oh lord. Lily always go crazy about Martha. She met her once and she was like literally adore her like she was an angel. Well she is an angel.

"Lily, I didn't know it was you." I hear Martha said inher slow voice.

Lily hugged Martha tightly. Told ya she adores her like hell.

"I missed you so much although we only met once." Lily chuckled.

"Yes. Me too." Martha replied softly. She is still sick! Her voice sounds sick.

"Lily, Martha here is had a severe cold. You better make it quick."