Chapter 28

Martha Hunt's POV

This is madness. How can this possibly happened? How did I ended up going to have a lunch with Nathan's mom? How? I am so nervous right now. My hands are cold. There's an adrenaline rush in my system. I never met his mom. Ever. I met his sister, his brother but never his mom! This is so scary.

Last time I heard about his mom is she wanted to set him up with bunch of her friend's daughter. And now she wants a lunch with me? She's sure an iron lady.

"We're here." Nathan drove the car into an enormous property.

"This is your place?" I asked.

"No, it's my parents'." I looked around the property.

It has a big fence around it. Nathan drove deeper into the property. I saw a big mansion ahead. In front of the mansion was placed a beautiful fountain. I'm sure it's gonna look much more beautiful during the night. Nathan stopped the car in front of the mansion and behind the fountain.

"Come on, sweetheart." Nathan said and unbuckled his seat belt.

He got out of the car and walk to my side. He opened the door and give me his hand. I grab his hand and got out of the car. This is a bad. He's filthy rich! And I'm having lunch with his mother. Look what I'm wearing, a loose long sleeve shirt, although I pulled the sleeve to below of my elbow, a pair of jeans and a pair of ankle boots! How ugly do I look. Not to mention my hair! I put it in a Knot Hawk and it's not formal at all.

"Relax, she won't eat you." Nathan gave me a smile.

I gave him a weak smile. I'm nervous, Nathan! Suddenly the main door of the mansion opened. A middle aged lady come out. She was beautiful. Her blonde hair was lose below the shoulder. Not to mention there's several grey strands behind her ear. She was wearing a light blue dress. She had a pearl necklace on her neck. She was tall actually. And she wore a high heeled shoes. Oh this is definately Mrs. Aldridge or also known as Erin Heatherthon once.

"Hey, mom," Nathan said as Mrs. Aldridge walks towards us.

He gave his mom a hug. Gulp. Then Mrs. Aldridge turn to me.

"You must be Martha." She gave me a warm smile.

"Yes, Mrs. Aldridge. I'm Martha. It's nice to finally meet you."

"Please, call me Erin. I am delighted to finally meet the girl who made my boring son here eat his first ice cream since ten years ago."

Erin pulled me into a hug. This was unexpected.

"I'm standing right here, mom."

"Come on, you must be hungry. Lily made good lunch."

Erin put her arm around my shoulder and walk into the big mansion. The entrance was enormous. It has a big round wooden table with a big vase of flowers placed on a rug in the middle of the entrance. A chandelier was hanging on the ceiling made the area looked more luxurious. The mansion has a lots of windows, making the mansion looked more alive with the natural light.

Erin walked me towards a room. A big dining room. There was a large dining table that could fit about twelve person.

Erin walk into the other of the room.

"Welcome," Nathan said to me. His hands cling around my waist. Pulling me close to him.

"Welcome to Aldridge's, Martha." He placed a kiss to my hair.

"I wish you could join us, officially." He continued.

"Well, I'm here, aren't I?" I said.

"You're here as Ms. Hunt, I wish you could join us as Mrs. Aldridge, one day."

Did he--

"Lunch's ready!" Lily said.

I turned to her and saw her. She was suprised to see me.

"Martha! I didn't know Nate here is going to bring you," she said and gave me a hug.

"Yeah, it was an unexpected invitation."

"Well, you're here now, let's eat." Lily said.

Nathan took a seat. I took one besides him. Erin and Lily seat in front of us. I pick up the fork and knife and started to eat.

"So, Martha, what do you do for living?" Erin asked.

"I'm a photographer, at Vogue." I answered.

"Oh, interesting. So I assume that's how you met my boring boy here?"

I chuckled. Mrs. Aldridge is sporty. I like her.

"I'm here, mom." Nathan muttered.

"Yes. That's how I met him, three years ago."

"Oh, so you've been together for a long time?" Erin asked.

"Um, no. They just met again after three years." Lily interuptered.

She kind of saved me just now.

"Your parents, what do they do?" Erin continued asking me question.

"My dad passed away when I was 5. My mom is the editor of Vogue."

"Ohh, so you work with your mom? Very interesting. I'm sorry about your father. I didn't know."

"Me too, Martha." Lily murmured.

"It's okay. Don't be." I replied softly. Almost whisper.

I look down to my food and shove a piece of meat into my mouth. Couldn't help but to think about my late dad.

"You okay, sweetheart?" I heard Nathan said to me.

I lift my face to him and saw his worried face.

"I'm fine, really. This dish is good, Lily." I compliment Lily.

"Oh and Martha, I really ho--"

"Nathan! Have you seen the news?" I heard voice from outside the dining.

"It's Alex. I told him you were here since he was asking." Lily said.

"Nathan! Your girlfriend is on tv! Nat--" Alex entered the dining room and saw me. He stopped shouting Nathan's name.

Tv? Girlfriend?

"Alex, we have a guest here." Erin said to her son.

"What are you babbling about, Alex?" Nathan asked.

"Your girlfriend here, she's on tv."