Chapter 10

Nathan Aldridge's POV

I woke up at noon. Phew last night was along night. After chasing out Alex from my apartment, I started to clean the house. More like sanitize it. I rolled up my expensive rug and throw it away. After what I found last night, I thought that there maybe Alex's sperms latch on it. Urgh it's disgusting.

I vaccumed and mopped and cleaned every inch of the apartment. I even clean the fridge. The alcohol scent is making me sick. After done cleaning up, I ended up go to bed at 5. I got up my bed and headed to the bathroom. I took a hot shower and put some clean clothes on.

I walk to my kitchen, making some coffee. Luckyly Alex bought some eggs and milk in the frigde. So I made myself some scramble eggs. I took a seat at my dining table of four. I remembered the last time I had meal at this dining. I was having dinner with Martha. I cooked for her. Although I had to force her to come with me but it was worth it.

***Flashback of Nathan***

"Where are we going?" Martha asked from the passenger seat next to me.

"My home." I answered. Without looking at her.

"What?" She asked curiously.

"Relax. It's my own apartment. I live alone. My family lives in their mansion in Brooklyn."

"Oh. I thought you want to have dinner?" She asked. Why does she has so many question?

"We are."

"Oh you want to pick up something from your apartment?"

I turn my face towards her for a second. Her emerald green eyes stares back to me curiously. Unbelievable. She's so naive sometimes.

"What time is it now, sweetie?" I asked her. She looked to her watch.

"It's ten, why?" Why? Really? Super unbelievable.

"Tell me sweetness, which restaurant or diner still opens right now?" She was quiet for a while.

"Oh. None. Wait, so where are we eating?"

Oh my goodness. Why is she so slow? Did she took a drug or something?

"My apartment."

"Oh so we ordering pizza? Cool." Jesus.

"Whatever you say Martha." I whisper to myself.

I drove my car into a basement of a tall building. I realize Martha was sleeping when parked my car. I take look at her. I also realized she doesn't put any make up. At all. No wonder why her lips are so dry. I never met any woman who don't put make ups on their face. She looked like an angel when she was sleeping. Suddenly she mutter something.

"Dad, hm" Dad? Her head started to turn from left to right and back to left.

"Dad, don-don't leave me," What? Her father left her? I saw some sweats dripping from her forehead.

"Dad, please, I-I love you." Her body started to move from side to side. The small space of the seat is making her uncomfortable.

"Martha, honey, wake up." I try to wake her. I shake her shoulder softly.

"Dad please," Her hands pull my palm and grip it tightly.

"Martha,"

"Please don't leave me." I won't, I thought to myself.

"Martha," I shake her shoulder again. This time with a bit force. Suddenly she woke up. She was catching her breath. Her palm gripped my palm tightly.