Chapter 17

Jonathan Hunt's POV

I leaned back on my chair and rubbed my temple. I closed my eyes and let out a big sigh. Oh god hotel business are killer business. The profit, the sales all of them are nuts. Especially when you have bunch of them around the world. Basically I'm a billionnare.

But all of these are dedicated to dad. Although I feel like lack of his attention and love, but he left me his empire. Suddenly my intercom rang. I pressed the loudspeaker button.

"Mr. Hunt, there is someone here to see you."

"Did he get an appointment? I'm busy."

"He said it's urgent, sir. He also said that it's about yourate father, sir."

My what? Dad? He knew my dad? I never met dad's friend or anything.

"Fine, send him in."

"Right away, sir."

A few seconds later Sonya came in and with a middle aged man. He could be my dad's age.

"Do you need anything, sir?"

"No, thank you Sonya. You can leave now."

Sonya leave and closed the door. I walked to the couch and offer the man my handshake.

"Please, have a sit." I said politely.

"Thank you." I positioned myself comfortably on my seat and I caught the man was staring at me.

"You looked just like your mother."

I can't believe what he just said. He knew my mother too?

"Excuse me?"

"Your eyes. Just like your mother's."

"Thank you, I never knew that. You were saying you have something urgent? About my father?"

"Ah yes." He handed me and envelope from his leather jacket.

"What is this?" I reached the envelope.

"It's your father's. He asked me to give that to you when you are turning 26."

"26? Why 26?" I'm turning 26 in two days.

"That's the age of your mother died when giving birth to both of you."

Both?

"Both? I'm the only child."

"Really? I thought Ethan said twins when he told me the news."

Twins? Who is this guy anyway?

"May I ask who are you?"

"Thought you'd never asked. Name's Damon. Damon Goodwin. Brother to Janet."

Mom's brother? This is my uncle?

"You're my uncle? Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"I forgot. Sorry, my bad. I was captivate by your eyes. It's just like Janet's."

Why mom never mentioned I had an uncle? I always thought my birth mom was a single child.

"You were saying about a twins?"

"Yes, maybe I heard it wrong that night since you said you were the only child."

"Tell me more. About that night." I put the envelope down on the coffee table.

I rolled the ring on my finger. Dad gave it to me.

"I got a call one night, from Ethan. He said that Janet died of giving birth. I rushed to the hospital. Ethan said she was having a complication while giving birth. I heard he said twins. But I think I heard it wrong. I never met the baby that night." He paused.

"Few years later he come to see me. He gave me that envelope and asked me to give it to personally without acknowlegde of anyone."

"Not even my mom?"

"Not even your mom."

"So he told you to give it to me when I'm 26?"

"Yes."

I reached the envelope.

"That ring, he gave it to you, huh?" He said.

"You mean this?" I took off the ring and show it to him.

"Yes. That was his wedding ring. Janet had a similar one. They decided to have the same ring as wedding rings."

"She did? I wonder where is the ring now."

"You don't have it? Oh that's unfortunate."

I took a deep breath. Still wondering where's the other ring is. Maybe mom has it.

"You know, Janet always wanted a daughter. She always say she wanted to braid her hair and all those girly stuff." He paused.

"But when she died, she never even had the chance to look at his son."

I keep quiet for a second. I never knew my mother much.

"Shoot. I have to go." He said. Breaking the silence between us.

"Sure. Thank you for coming by, Uncle."

I gave him a smile.

He let out a chuckle.

"I never knew I'll have someone calling me that." He shakes my hand and walk out of the office.

I reached for the envelope. What is it in here? Couldn't keep my curiosity behave, I rip the end of the envelope and pulled out the content. It was a piece of photo and a piece of paper. The paper had a handwritting on them.

It says:

'FIND THEM.' In uppercase letter.

This is weird. Find who?

I switch to the photo earlier. It was a potrait of a little girl and a woman. Possibly her mother. They looked like were just having fun putting make ups on each other faces. The girl's hair was green. Emerald green. What? Really? Green? I can't see the color of her eyes since the photo was old. The woman was tall, blonde.

I flipped the photo to the back side. I found the same handwritting. It says:

'M and D, 4/10, 4th birthday.'

M? D? This is so confusing. 4/10 is my birthdate. 4th birthday? The girl was 4?

What the hell is this? What are you trying to say, dad?