Chapter 23

Johnathan Hunt's POV

"Motherfucker!" I swept away all paperwork on my desk to the floor.

Anger and rage filled all over me. Inside and out. I can't believe this. I can't fucking believe that I had a twin all these years. Yes. It's true. The proofs are loud and clear. The rings, the pictures oh and the best part is the fucking DNA test results I just received. Guess what? It's a match. A fucking match.

Recalling Martha's face yesterday made my anger fire up even more. What the hell was dad thinking? Hiding her? She doesn't even know his real identity. I mean, job. She thought her loving dad was a goddamn reporter. Her face looked like she was going to break down into million pieces in a few seconds. Poor girl.

Not just any girl. She's your twin sister.

Right. Bloody hell. I ran my hand through my hair. She doesn't even realize I was pulling her strands of hair when I pretended I was pulling something out of her hair. Damn it. Speaking of hair. It's the exact same color as mine. So does her hair. Oh don't forget the birth mark. See? The proofs was like rubbed all over my face roughly.

Fucking hell. Did mom knew about this? I bet she does. Did her mom knew? Of course not. There isn't a single penny was transeferred to some unknown account. None. I repeat, none. There isn't anything either that mentions about Martha and her mom. What the hell was he thinking? If Uncle Damon-- wait. Damon. Damon Goodwin. He mentioned about twins last time.

But he didn't know anything. That bastard didn't even know if he heard anything right. I'm lucky he's still had the audacity to gave me the photo and the scrap of paper that says FIND THEM. What kind of uncle is he? He didn't even know his niece. I didn't evem know he exist. Mom never-- mom. Mom. Did she know this? Better hope she doesn't.

Suddenly the door opened. Great timing. The only person who dared to opened those door is mom. I don't even look at her face.

"John? What's going on? Your office is a mess. Are you alright?"

"You tell me." I replied. Almost whispering.

"What?"

I was on my chair when she walked towards me.

"You tell me, mom." I put the DNA result on the desk. Indicating her to take a look at it.

"What is this?" She took the paper and trying to understand the content.

Her face turn pale. Her eyes widened. My first judge is that she knew.

"Talk to me, mom." She was speechless.

She knew that the only person alive who had the same DNA as mine is my twin sister. Fucking hell. She knew.

"I-I--"

"You what, mom?" I tried to calm down.

"I-I don't know what is this John." Her voice is shaking.

"Don't. Just don't lie to my face. I know you know what the hell is that."

"John, I swear I don--"

"I told you to stop lying! You out of most people know how you can't lie to me!"

"John- I-I --"

"Cat got your tongue, mom? Tell me. Did you know?"

I looked at her in her eyes. Her lips parted to say something. But she didn't.

"Johnathan,"

"Fine. You don't wanna tell."

I stood up from my chair and exit the office furiously. Leaving mom hanging. I'm gonna get answers. I don't care what it takes. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this. Right now, I'm going to someone else who might have an explaination.

After almost 15 minutes driving, I arrived at the tall skyscraper. Which I believe is where the Vogue magazine editorial team located. I walked into the lobby. It was quite luxurious. I think I know why Ms. Kròs doesn't need a single penny from her lying rich husband.

I unbutton my suit and put one hand into the pocket of my suit pants. I walk towards the receiptionist.

"Yes, sir. How can I help you?" The girl gave me a smile.

"I would like to meet Ms. Kròs from Vogue."

"Just a second, sir."

I nodded and watch her dialing her intercom. After a few seconds she turn to me.

"I'm sorry, sir. But do you have any appoinment?"

"No. But do tell her it's urgent and it's a family matter."

"Right away, sir." She turn back to her intercom.

After a few seconds, she told me the floor of the Vogue is located. I nodded and walk to the elevator. I pressed the button and the elevator starts to move. I took a deep breath.

Ding. I walk out of the elevator and walk towards a glass walled office. I saw bunch of people busy on taking phone calls, the computer and papers. I walked into the office and suddenly a girl greeted me. She was in a blouse and a pencil skirt. She doesn't look like other people in this editorial team. The others looked stylish, with some branded stuff on them. Men and women. Well it's the Vogue.

"Can I help you, sir?"

"Yes. I'm here for Miss Kròs."

"Oh, you're the ones with the family matter?"

"Yes. I take that you're her secretary?"

"Yes. This way." I followed her deeper into the office.

We stopped in front of a room. I bet this is her personal office.

"Wait here." The girl said and enter the office.

A few seconds later she came out and said I can go in. I took a deep breath and fix my suit a little. As I'm ready, I pushed the door and enter the room. It was full of light. I mean it's bright. There was couches and coffee table in the middle of the couches. What attracts me the most the big glass wall on the right of the room. I can see the whole office through it.

"Yes, can I help you?" I heard a voice. It was Ms. Kròs.

She didn't even look at me. Then she turned to face me. The expression is curious. She's not even suprised I'm here. It's more to she doesn't even know who I am.

"Who are you? You said you had a family business."

"Yes. I do. I'm John. Johnathan Hunt."

Now her face expression changed. I don't know whether she was shocked by the name Hunt. Or she was shocked that Martha's twin is here. But her face turned pale. Her eyes were widened. She blinked a few times in disbelief.

Oh yes. I think she knew all the answers to my question.