Chapter 21

Nathan Aldridge's POV

I held her in my arms. I knew it was Martha just by looking at her hair. She didn't tie her hair. I put my palm in her forehead. God she's burning up.

"God, Martha, you're burning." She looked at me.

Suddenly her eyes rolled back and collasped into my arms.

"Jesus, Martha!" I held her arms tightly since she's about to fall on the ground.

I pick her up in bridal style and walk towards my car. I parked it not so far from the cafe I was going to. I place her gently on the passenger sit. I started driving.

What's wrong with her? Why did she cried? What was that all about? She looked so weak. Mentally and physically. Her pale skin became more pale. Her lips were drier than ever. I glanced at her. She was breathing heavily.

I took her to my place since it's closer. I parked my car in front of the lobby. There is no time to go to the basement. I got out of the car and walk towards the passenger side. I pick her up and walk into the lobby. I walked towards the reception.

"Mr. Aldridge, is there anything I can help?" Paul, this old man has been the head of security for years.

"Valet, please? I have this lady in arms who seems having severe cold." I handed him my car keys.

"Yes, of course Mr. Aldridge. I'll sent your keys to your place."

"Thank you Paul."

I walked quickly into the elevator and pressed the button. She's still unconcious. I kissed her forehead softly. She's still burning up.

It's okay, dearie. I'm here.

Ding. I got out the elevator amd walked quickly to my place. Luckily I don't need keys for to enter. I pressed the four digits code and the door opened. I took off my shoes and head to--

Damn it. I forgot I do not have a guest room. Well, when I first bought this place, it had a guest room. But I made it into a gym. I never knew I'll have a guest. I head to my room. I had no choice. Guess I have to sleep in the living tonight.

I put her gently on my bed. I took off her ankle boots. I took of her watch and put in on the night stand. She wasn't wearing so much clothing that's a relieve. I cover her with the thick blanket. I walked to the kitchen. Soup. Chicken soup. In case if she wakes up. I started to making chicken soup.

After 15 minutes making chicken soup, I went to the bedroom to see if she's awake. She's still in her deep sleep. Oh god. I almost forgot. I have to call her mom, tell her that she's safe.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and dialed her number.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Ms. Kròs. This is Nathan."

"Yes Nathan, how can I help?"

"I just want to tell you that Martha had a severe cold. But she's safe. I had to bring her to my place since it's closer."

"Oh my. I thought she was with Elsa. Is she okay?"

Elsa? Did she fought with Elsa?

"She's alright, Ms. Kròs. Do not worry. I'll take a good care of her."

"I know you will, son. Okay then. If she's awake, tell her I'll be there. I'm quite busy right now."

"Sure Ms. Kròs." She hang up. Ms. Kròs is always busy.

Suddenly I heard a phone rang. It's not mine. Martha. I walked intk the bedroom and look for her phone inside her bag. Found it. Elsa? She's calling. I swear to god if she's the one caused this to Martha, I'll caseterate her myself. I pick up the call.

"Martha? Where the hell were you? Johm said that you left. But you left without you bagels and drink! I know something's wrong. Did John says anything?"

God this woman talk too much. Why would Martha be her best friend? John? Bagels?

"Calm down Hosk. She's fine."

"Nathan? How the hell did you have her phone?"

"Oh let me think, magic I guess. It's suddenly appear onto my hands."

"Adorable. Now Nate."

"She was sick. She had severe cold when she bumped into me."

"So you bring her home?"

"Yes."

"Okay good. She's fine then. Take care of her Nate."

"You know I will."

"Okay then. If she woke up tell me. Goodbye." She hang up.

John? Who the hell is that?

I walked to her. I touch her forehead. Seems her temperature hasn't lower yet. I walked to the kitchen and filled a small basin with water. I took a small clean towel from bathroom. I took a seat on the side of the bed. I soaked the towel with the water in the basin. I put the towel on her forehead. This'll help the temperature down.

Martha Hunt's POV.

I lift my eyelids slowly as the slight headache hasn't leave yet. I feel a damp towel on my forehead. I removed the towel from my forehead. My eyes ran around the room I am in. I'm on a bed. I felt the silky sheets under my skin. I got up from laying on the bed to a seat.

God my head felt so heavy. Who's room is this? The furniture, the closet, it's all luxurious. What happened though? Oh. I collasped into Nathan's arm. Wait what? Nathan? Please don't tell me this is his room. I pulled off the blanket on me and try to stand up properly. It's a bit wobbly but I can manage.

I walked slowly out of the room. Suddenly I heard a door opened. It was the toilet infront of the room. Oh lord. It was Nathan. He was only in his towel. He was drying his wet hair with a smaller towel. He got out of the bathroom with the steam from the hot showet he just had.

My eyes trailed onto his sexy body. His collarbone, his chest, his well toned abs, his strong arms. His jawline, his face with the wet hair made his devilishly face extremely charming. Oh lord, I might get a real cold rather than a severe one.

"Like what you see?" He said. Making me snapped out of my thoughts of his hot body.

I looked at him. He was smirking at me. God even his smirk made my blood runs wild.

"Shut up." I looked away.

"You're awake. How are you feeling?"

"Better. Thank you." I walked towards the kitchen.

"I made some soup. Want some?" He walked into the kitchen. Still in his towel. Go put on some clothes!

"Sure." I took a seat at the dining.

I watched him pour some soup into a small bowl from behind. His muscular back and his broad shoulder is so sexy. No wonder why he could be a supermodel. He turned around and put the soup in front of me.

"There you go. Be careful, it's hot."

Why is he doing this to me? Why is he being nice to me? I broke his heart. Is he trying to get revenge? I gripped his wrist as he walked away from me. He looked at me confusingly.

"Can I talk to you?" I said.

"Sure thing, sweetheart. But let me put on some clothes. Or it's not a talk we're having." He winked and walked away.

Oh god I think I want him back.