Chapter 38

1 month later.

Nathan Aldridge's POV

"What else?" I asked her.

She licked her ice cream again. This is our second date, walking at the Central Park, eating ice cream.

"Let me think," she paused.

She hummed and lick the ice cream again. Suddenly a boy on a scooter bumped into her. I quickly grab her arm as she loses her balance.

"Sorry! " The boy shouted and left.

"That boy," I want to chase that boy but Martha hold my arm.

"It's fine, I'm fine." Oh my god.

The ice cream was smudged on her face. It is on her nose, forehead, and a little on her cheeks. I can't help but let out a big laugh.

"I know I know." She started to wipe her face a little. I grab her hand before she get her hand even dirtier. This girl.

"You'll get dirty, sweetheart." I pulled her closer to me.

Her eyes widened in suprise. I know what she's thinking. I lean even closer to her. I can feel her heartbeat beating fast. Martha try to lean back, but I hel her tighter to me. I pulled out my handkerchief from my jacket.

"Use this so your hand wouldn't get dirty." Her eyes seems a little calmer. I smirked.

I wipe the ice cream off her face. From her forehead to her nose, down to her lips.

"Let me," I let her go from my arm.

Martha grab the handkerchief and start to wipe it herself. I chuckled. She is funny.

"Great. Now my make ups all gone."

"You wear make up?"

"Yeah, just a little light foundation."

"Sweetheart, you don't need make up. Trust me."

"Right. Here. Oh wait, I'll just bring it home. Wash it."

I pulled her arm closer to me. I gave her a surprise peck on her lips.

"I left some on my lips?"

"Nah, I just wanted to do that."

*********

I walk into the garden for the fifth time today. I've got to make sure everything is well and perfect. Luckily mother's garden is so beautiful, so I don't have to order so much decorations. Mother insist we do the wedding in her garden. This way, the reporters and media can be controlled since its private property. Not public.

A long red carpet is presented in the middle of the crowd seats as the aisle. Lily is in charge of the flowery things that she decor the guest's chairs and tables.

"Nate!" Lily shouted my name.

I turned myself facing her.

"What are you doing here? You should get some rest. Tomorrow is your big day."

"I'm just making sure everything is perfect."

"Everything is perfect when your mother and sister handle them." Suddenly a voice came from behind.

It was dad. He walked closer and pat me on the back.

"Trust me, son."

I nodded and give him a smile.

"Finally, I'm getting a daughter-in-law. I have been waiting a long time." Ha said and squeezed my shoulder.

I chuckled. I almost can't believe it too. I can't believe I'm actually getting married. I can't believe that Martha even said yes.

"Me too, dad." I paused. "Me too."

*********

Martha Hunt's POV

"Are you ready?" Lily asked me.

Today is the day. The day that my life as a single lady ends. I'm so nervous. Yet excited at the same time. The makeup artist just done my make up. I told her to make it light. And she did her best. The hairstylist done with my very hard-to-do wedding braid.

Lily was standing beside the wedding dress that was hidden under the white cloth. I'm a bit nervous of how the dress will look like.

I give a slight nod to Lily. Lily pulled the piece of the white cloth.

My jaw dropped in awe. The dress is beautiful. It's so simple. Just like how I want it. It is a plain long dress that flows and hug your body perfectly. Not to tight, yet not too baggy. It has a laced detail on the top. It covers along the neckline, to the arms. But not fully covered, it's a see-through lace.

"Well, do you like it?" Ma asked.

Like it? "I love it." I replied.

Lily squeled excitedly.

"I knew it! Come on, let's waste no time. Put it on."

I stood up from the edge of the bed and walk towards the dress. I touched the material. It is so soft. Lily, Ma, Elsa and Karlie help me put on the dress. Four people is needed to put this beautiful dress on me.

Else zipped the dress from behind.

"There. You look beautiful." Ma said and rub my arm lightly.

"Thank you."

The hairstylist put some small flowers on my hair to make it prettier.

"All done." The hairstylist said.

I thank her and she pack her stuff.

Suddenly someone knock from outside the room.

"Are you ready?" It's dad.

He opened the door and come in. He stood there for a few seconds without saying anything.

"Well?" I asked.

"You look, beautiful." He paused. "Just like your mother."

I smiled when he said that. I never met my mother.

"I wish she could see how beautiful her daughter is right now." Dad said.

"Thanks dad."

"Ready?" Dad open his arm and give me his right hand.

I reached his hand."Yes." I gulped.

*******

"Relax, you look beautiful already." Dad said while waiting outside the garden. We both are. I wrap my arm in his arm. My other hand hold the bouquet of white roses.

Then one of the guards give us the signal to come in.

Dad and I start to walk down the aisle. The slow piano music started playing. I walk carefully in my heels, not to step on the dress and trip myself. Everybody's eyes were on me. I smiled at them sincerely. I see Nathan at the end of the aisle. He turned facing me as soon as the priest signal him. He looked suprised when he see me. His mouth started to form a big sweet and warm smile. I can see a tear streaming down on his cheeks. He quickly wipe off the tears from his face.

As we reached the end of the aisle, dad give my hand to Nathan. Nathan took it and kiss the back of my palm. Of course he did.

We stood in front of the priest while he was reciting the wedding oath.

"I do." Nathan said.

The priest continued the oath.

"I do." I said.

The priest continued the oath for a bit more.

"You may kiss the bride."

We kissed. And by that, I am officially Martha Aldridge.

The end.