Chapter 14

Martha Hunt's POV

I woke up when my alarm from my phone rang. I reached my phone from my nightstand and turn off the alarm. It was still early. I decided to brush my teeth and went to the kitchen. I grab a banana and a glass of milk. After done eating the meal, I walked to my bedroom and change into a neon Nike tank top and matching pants. I put my hair in high ponytail that showed my long neck. I put on my Nike sneakers and decided to go for a run since it's still early.

After 45 minutes quick run, I stopped at a small park where there are some kids playing and running. I was gasping for oxygen and my chest raised up and down. Sweat was dripping from my neck and chest. Damn it. Why did I decided to to go shopping the other day? Today is the photoshoot. I'm kinda scared after what he said to me.

Why? Oh god why the Aldridges has effect in my life? Goddamn it. First it was Nathan now it his casanova brother, Alex. Argh. I walked back home and enter our mini gym in the house. Dad left the house to us which was quite big and roomy for the two of us. So we mini gym, a study, a garden. I step in the mini gym and grab my mits. I started to punch into the air.

Jab, jab, elbow, uppercut, jab, hook.

I repeat the step slowly for eight reps and started to pace it up as I memorise the rhythm.

Faster, faster, faster

I go faster and faster. I stopped when I needed oxygen to feel my lungs again. I lay down on the floor. I only do boxing when I feel I needed to punch someone. The difference is I feel like punching myself. Why am I so stupid? Why did I clumsily bumped into Nathan three years ago? Why did I dumped him? Wait what? Did I said that?

"Honey?" I heard someone called. I get up into a seat. I looked at her and she was already ready to work. Shit. I glance at my watch. Oh holy mother of--

"You know you're late right?"

"Yeah I just realized it." I took of my mits.

"Told ya not to do boxing in the morning. You'll forget everything." Mother chuckled.

It's true though. If I do boxing, I don't even know if the world is ending.

"Yeah Ma. I know. I just feel like punching something."

"Okay honey, I have to go. I heard that Mr. Aldridge is very punctual. Don't be too late." She said and give me a warm smile.

I nodded and she walked away. I took a shower and get ready. I decided to wear a peach sweatshirt and match it with a white jeans. I grabbed my high heeled boots and put it on. I braid my hair into french braid. I put a beanie on. Being a photographer, you can be a little late since the editors decided to do the interview first.

I drove to work and ran to the elevator and press the button. As the elevator arrived at the floor, I walked out of the elevator and walked towards the photoshoot area. The set is all perfect.

"Martha? Oh good god I thought you haven't arrived. I was about to call you." Olivia said. I nodded and let out a small laugh.

"He's here?"

"Yeah I think so. I haven't seen him since I'm not the one who do the interview."

"Of course. So can I grab a snack?"

"Oh sure. He's not done with the interview yet." Olivia paused.

"Oh, and Martha," She handed me a camera.

"You left this the other day. But I think the battery need a recharge."

"Oh yes, I left it. Thank god you saved me."

I walked towards the snack station while wiping some dust from the camera. This camera kinda old is--

"Oh shit," I dropped the camera, great.

What just happened? I leaned down and picking up the pieces of the camera. Suddenly a figure leaned down and started to help me. Oh so I bumped into someone.

"I am so sorry miss, I did--" He stopped talking. I turned my face toward him and-- oh holy mother of --

Nathan Aldridge's POV

I took a glance at my watch. It's nice to see Ms. Kròs again. Although she was a bit suprised to see me but she greeted me friendly. Like nothing happened between me and her daughter. Perhaps she knew that it was her incredibly sexy daughter who dumped me.

Ms. Kròs says that the photographer might be a little late so they did the interview first. While one of the editor was interviewing Alex, I decided to take some air. That bastard. He asked me to come like hell, I thought he really needed my help. But seems like he was doing the interview quite fine of himself.

I got out of the lounge and pull out my phone to check for notifications. I started to walk while looking at my phone. Suddenly I bumped into someone.

"Oh shit." She murmured.

I leaned down and saw her broken camera on the ground in pieces. Oh god it's like Martha all over again.

"I am so sorry miss, I did--" I stopped talking when I realize it was a very familiar face. No. It couldn't be her. Elsa said she quitted but what the hell is she doing here?

She turned her face to me. I widened my eyes when I saw a pair of emerald green eyes stares into me. Her face turned pale as she saw me.

Oh my, this is intersting.