#8: First Day Out

2PM

Southwest Riverborn

Rocko's POV

           Buzz... Buzz... Buzz...

          "State your name and your business," said the man on the intercom.

          Pressing the speaker button, I replied. "Rocko, I have a drop off for Los."

          A few moments later, the large metal gate slid open. I slowly entered the premises, watching the gate close shut behind me. I pulled into the large garage door and parked. Dozens of mechanics were working on varies luxury cars. Stripping the parts for top dollar and dumping the shells.

          I parked at the opening of the garage and searched throughout the truck. Luckily, inside her purse, I found a prescription for Percocet. I stuffed those in my pockets along with the rest of the contents from her purse then tossed in the back seat. I saw Carlos and two of his henchmen walking towards me and exited out the truck. 

          "You got a lot of balls showing your face here." He walked up casually while lightening his Cuban cigar.

          "You still upset about that?" I replied with an uneasy smile.

          "Where's my money, Rocko?" He asked calmy. The dark Armani shades covered his brown eyes, but I felt his glare piercing through my face.

          "Look, I have your money, but I got a lot of heat on me right now." I quickly explained before he had one of his men kill me. 

          "Oh, I know all about it, but that ain't got shit to do with my money." He pulled the smoke from his cigar and exhaled. "You thought you was slick shorting me five thousand for that truck."

          I observed both his henchmen. " I didn't mean to short you, Los. I told my ole' lady at the time to count it up for me. She didn't even know I was getting the truck for her." I lied to cover my ass. 

          Los clicked his tongue and removed his shades, "You really want to lie to me?"

          "I'm not lying. Here...Here. Take the Benz." I stepped to the side and showed him eighty-thousand-dollar SUV.

          "Who Benz is this?"

          "Somebody who's not going to need it anymore."

          Los nodded for two of the mechanics that were standing nearby to go make sure it was up to his standards.

          "What else you here for, Rocko?"

          "I need another whip. Something lowkey that the police won't think once looking at and that's all."

          I was taking a huge risk coming here but Los was the only guy I could count on to give me what I need. Hopefully, the Benz settled my debt with him.

          His mechanics returned saying the truck was good.

          Los held his hand out and I gave him the keys. "Stay right here." He says before turning around and walking to his office. 

          My nerves were getting the best of me as I impatiently waited for Los to return. Making a run for it was pointless and I would be shot on sight.

Los came back with a brand-new set of keys in his hand. "This should do the trick. It's parked by the entrance." He handed them to me.

          "Good looking. Does the Benz settle my debt?"