#21: Karma Is A Bitch

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

12:15am | Zeus Mendez's Ranch

Freddie's POV

"Wake up, Pendejo!" A voice says to me from a few feet away.

I struggled to come to senses, lifting my head my forward, "Argh." I grimaced in pain from scrunching my nose to make sure it wasn't broken. The last thing I remembered seeing was the butt of a rifle, cracking me in my face.

The owner of the voice appeared from one of the empty horse stables. It was one of Zeus's guards that dragged me away. He was dressed in a black button up shirt and some dirty ass denim jeans and cowboy boots. Around his neck, I peeped that he was wearing my black tourmaline necklace.

"Give me... that necklace...back!" I struggled to say because every time I inhaled it hurt like shit.

He lifted the black tourmaline that was wrapped in copper wire and admired it and, "I think I'll hold on to it for you." He smiles and releases the necklace. "You're not going to need it to where you're going."

Two Mexican guards dressed in similar attire joined us inside the stables, one was carrying a wooden chair in his arms while the other followed behind him. He placed the chair in front of me and took a step back. "We didn't want you to miss this." He says with a devious smile.

Seconds later, another guard wearing a tan cowboy hat and dingy button up shirt appeared with my naked mother in tow. They bounded her hands together and covered her mouth with duct tape. She was barely able to walk towards the seat without tripping on her own two feet.

"Ma!" I called out her, but she was out of it. The guard plopped her down in the chair and took a step back and laughed at her.

She could barely hold herself up.

They drugged her.

"Don't look so sad, Ese. We gave her a little pick me up to relax her." The guard wearing the cowboy hat says to me.

I called out to my mother again, she looked at me with this sadness and pain in her eyes.

The guard that woken me up walked over to me and stood behind me. Without a warning, he shot my mother point blank in the middle of her forehead almost deafening me in the process.

"Shit! What you do that for!" I yelled.

"Bosses orders." He says tapping me on the shoulder. "Don't worry though, Ese. You'll be joining her soon."

"I thought he wasn't going to kill her."

"He changed his mind."

In their eyes, my mother was no longer considered a human being anymore. I had to sit and watched as they continued to disrespect her by dragging her body away by her ankles.

That would be my last time ever seeing her.

12:45am | Neveah's POV

"Neveah, wake up." Violet gently nudges me on my arm.

"I'm up." I said with my eyes still closed. I opened them and turned to look out the window. We were finally at Zeus's ranch, parked outside his front door. At least six men with military weapons stood on the massive staircase waiting for us to emerge. I noticed a man dressed in a dark-colored suit standing at the top of the staircase, pulling on a cigar, never taking his eyes off the truck.