#27: Somebody That I Used To Know

6:25 am | Mark Samson's residence
Homicide Detective Samson's POV

Brrrrr....Brrrrr....Brrrr... My cellphone vibrates next to my head.

Answering in a groggy tone, " This is Samson."

"Lieutenant, where the hell are you!" The captain yelled in my ear.

Checking the time on the phone, "You told me I could take the day off and spend it with my son."

"Change of plans, your partner has gone rogue." He reveals to me.

I sat up in my bed, "Excuse me, Sir?"

"Get your ass down to Riverborn Hospital now!"

"I'm on my way."

Click!

"Fuck!" Two things I hated most in this world were disappointing my son and pissing off my baby mama. I snatched my phone from the end of the bed and sent a text to Kali informing her that I wouldn't be able to come to get Junior today. Two minutes later, Kali was calling.

Sighing deeply, "Here we go." I answered the phone, "Hello."

"Are you serious right now? I made plans for later with my girls." She snapped.

"Look, it's not my fault." I didn't want to go into too many details on why I had to cancel our arrangement.

She smacked her lips. "Then who's fault, is it?"

"Look, I'm sorry alright. I'll make it up to you and Junior." I softened my tone.

"How?"

            "We can all go on a family trip somewhere, how does that sound?"

            She pauses and then says in a softer tone, "Don't tease me with a good time. You know you will never get the time off."

            "Just let me handle this and I got you."

            "You better." She says before ending the conversation.

            An hour later, I arrived outside Riverborn Hospital. The area was tapped off and flooded with uniformed officers. Pedestrians stood on the opposite side of the caution tape watching and recording the chaos. I stepped out of my vehicle, dressed in a dark-colored, tailored suit smelling like Sauvage Dior. A few female officers turned their heads after catching a whiff of my cologne in the early morning breeze.

            "Well Good Morning, Lieutenant." A female officer greeted with a smile on her face. Her nametag read Officer Clarkson. She was a blonde hair, blue-eyed woman with a soft southern accent.

            "Good morning to you too. Do you know where I can find the Captain?

            She turned and pointed at the group of men standing by the entrance of the hospital,  "I should for-warn you though... he's pissed along with the rest of them."

            "Oh, I know."  I smiled.

            I continue my stride towards the group of men which consisted of the Captain, Chief of Police, and the  Mayor of Riverborn. Why was the Mayor down here? Who knew? Usually, he's behind his desk, flirting with his secretary.

            Clearing my throat, "Gentlemen."

            The Captain was the first to turn around, he stared me up and down, "You think this a fashion show, Samson?"