Happy Together✨

Blood On The Dancefloor Era

"Jessie! Breakfast is ready!"

You rub your aching back as you slide a final golden pancake at the top of the stack. The sweet smell makes your mouth water and ignites your ferocious appetite.

You balance the plate on your protruding belly before placing it on the kitchen table among the other delicious foods and suddenly feel impatient at the absence of your family.

You were beyond hungry.

"Mike! Jessie! I'm going to start eating without you! The bacon is extra juicy today!"

You huff as you feel a pair of large hands fasten to your belly, the familiar cologne makes your agitation melt away.

"Somebody's hungry," your husband chuckles, pressing a kiss to your neck.

You chuckle.

"Don't make fun of me, Mike. I just can't stop eating. I'm drawn to anything edible like a magnet,"

At six months pregnant, your appetite was absolutely insatiable, your back ached and your feet were swollen but you were happy as a clam.

You were deep in baby and newly-wedded bliss with your very famous husband, Michael Jackson. The two of you had gotten married eight months ago. Two months into your marriage you fell pregnant and were due to have a baby boy in spring.

The baby the two of you were so anxiously awaiting was a first for you both: Your first child and Michael's first son.

Michael had first become a father nearly ten years ago with the birth of his daughter Jessamine. His first marriage had been short and ill-fated and a nasty divorce had ended with Jessamine's mother surrendering her paternal rights over to Michael. He'd spent five years raising his daughter alone until the two of you met.

Michael was a great father and Jessie was a sweet girl. The two of you had once been very close and you enjoyed being a mother figure to her but things had seemed to change when you officially became her stepmother.

Jessie was older and more withdrawn and you feared that your new position of stepmother had created a rift between you two.

"It's okay, baby," Michael smirks. "You're sexy when you're gorging everything in sight,"

You wince at the jabbing sensation of your son kicking your bladder.

"Don't compliment me like that," you chide before pecking his lips. "It's how I got into this situation in the first place. Did you see Jessie this morning? I've called her down twice and she's going to be late,"

You pull away from your husband's embrace and pour him a glass of orange juice as he settles at the table.

"Yeah, she should be down in a minute, I just did her hair,"

You frown.

"I could have done it, Michael,"

Maybe it was your raging hormones but you felt sad knowing that Jessie had let Michael do her hair. One of the excitements of being a step-mother was getting to do the things that moms did with daughters.

"Hi, Daddy. Good morning, Y/N," Jessie pipes as she bounces into the kitchen.

She's dressed in her neatly pressed school uniform, and her usually wild curly hair had been done up in a fluffy ponytail- the one style Michael had managed to master. She kisses her father's cheek before placing herself in her usual chair.

"Morning, Jessie, you grin, sliding a pancake onto her plate. "Did you sleep well?"

She nods and reaches for a piece of bacon. The three of you ate in comfortable silence for a while and you couldn't help but zone in on how good everything tasted.