Fool's Gold✨

Bangerous Era

"Michael, stop," you giggle, attempting to wiggle out of his embrace as he relentlessly showers your skin with soft, gentle kisses. "I'll never leave if you don't let me go."

"That's my plan, babygirl," he speaks, the curve of his smile pressed against your shoulder blade. "You never stay the night."

You giggle, gently prying his long arms from your waist whilst scooting out of his California King bed, the satin sheets draped around your body for simple modesty.

"I have to go to work, Michael," you speak slowly, approaching his vanity and eyeing your reflection.

You can't help but smirk at your appearance, your smudged mascara and tangled mane sends salacious flashbacks of your afternoon rendezvous running through your mind.

"Y/N, I've told you," Michael replies. "You don't need a job. Let me take care of you."

You'd been seeing Michael for a short four months now and things couldn't be better. It was a whirlwind type of romance. The two of you instantly hit it off and things had grown passionate rather quickly.

Michael was very much, unlike other guys you'd dated before. He was a gentleman and a romantic, always ready to spoil you in one way or another. It didn't take a genius to realize Michael was head over heels in love with you- he'd walk through fire if you asked him to- but you were still unsure of your own affections.

You liked Michael a lot. He was sexy, caring, captivating and an amazing lover but you were keeping a major secret from him that was preventing you from completely surrendering your heart.

You were a call girl.

A few years ago, you'd been hard up for cash and out of work. Running out of options and patience, you saw an ad for "modeling" and things accelerated from there. You were employed with an escort agency that set up dates and sexual favors for men that were often very rich and socially awkward. It paid well and provided you with food, clothing, shelter and other luxuries so you couldn't complain. You'd gotten over the discomfort of sleeping with strange men and just thought of it as a part of the job.

You were a slave to the business and didn't have plans of stopping any time soon.

Up until this point, you'd completely turned your emotions off to romance. You just couldn't see yourself settling down and having a proper relationship. You hadn't met Michael through your business affairs and you found it refreshing that your relationship did not have that tainted quality to it. A part of you adored being showered with affection by a man without cash transactions involved.

Still, you wondered what Michael would think of you if he ever discovered your true identity as a lady of the night.

"I know you can," you grin, slipping into your thigh high nylons. "But I like working for my own money. You spoil me too much."

Michael grins, sitting up on his elbows to get a better view as he watches you get dressed.

"Don't spoil you enough. Just take a day off and stay with me."

Fully dressed you saunter back over to the bed, your eye passing over the clock. It was approaching eight. You might miss your assignment if you didn't leave now.

"Maybe some other night, Michael," you smile reaching out to fix a haphazardly misplaced curl of his, likely a doing of your fingers.

He sighs.

"Fine then. But before you rush off, I have something for you."

You watch as Michael sneakily reaches into his nightstand drawer, a smile tugging at the corner of your lips at the thought of what excuse he's found to spoil you. Your arched eyebrows crinkle in confusion as he tosses a Cracker Jack box on the bed.