Baby Sister✨

HIStory Era

"Perfect, just like Mama used to make,"

You smiled, proud of yourself as you carefully pulled the casserole dish out of the oven. Placing the hot dish on the kitchen island, you continued to admire your work and smiled when you felt a pair of arms wrap around you.

"Hey, good lookin'. What ya got cookin'?"

You giggle at your husband's humor, placing your hand on top of his as he leans over, admiring the dish you'd just made.

"Creamed chicken," You respond proudly. "It's Lissa's favorite home-cooked meal. Do you think Bill's already picked her up from the airport? I don't want dinner to be cold when she gets here,"

Michael chuckled before pressing a kiss to your temple.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were excited, baby"

Excited was an understatement to describe how you felt. Your baby sister, Melissa, was coming to spend a few weeks with you and your famous husband, Michael Jackson at your massive ranch out in Santa Ynez.

You were significantly older than Melissa with an exact twelve-year age difference and had been more like a mother to her for most of her life. Your mother passed away when Melissa was very young and you took on the responsibility of caring for her. She was your world and there wasn't a single thing you wouldn't do for her.

She was still a kid when you moved away to California, leaving her in the care of your father. You hadn't gotten the chance to see her since and now she was all grown up and starting her second year of university.

You couldn't wait to catch up with her and make up for all the lost time.

"Yes. I'm so excited for you to finally meet her. She's so sweet,"

Your husband flashes his breathtaking smile.

"If she's as wonderful as you are I'm sure we'll get along just fine,"

You hear the sound of a car horn honking nearby and you quickly pull out of Michael's embrace.

"Oh, I bet that's her!" You shout excitedly.

You snatched off your apron and ran as fast as your legs would carry you. When you burst through the front doors you saw Bill unloading various leather bags of luggage. A long leg clad in silver high-heeled sandals stepped out of the limo and your breath felt caught in your throat as your eyes followed the beautiful young woman emerging from the car.

She was shaped like a supermodel and wore a clinging light blue dress, pushing her long, glossy flat ironed tresses over her shoulder before sitting her dark sunglasses on her head.

Melissa didn't look anything like the girl you'd left in Ohio. She was a grown woman but those big brown eyes were just the same.

"Lissa!" You squealed in excitement as you jogged down the steps. "Look at you, baby sister!"

"Y/N!!" She exclaimed, rocking you side-to-side as you embraced.

You pulled away to get another good look at your little sister, hardly able to find your words.

"You're all grown up and gorgeous! I would have never recognized you if I didn't know you were coming!"

Melissa giggled.

"It's been a long time, big sister but I promise you haven't aged a bit,"

"Ooh, you're so sweet,"

You notice your sister's gaze shift to the figure behind you and you soon feel Michael's arm snake around your waist.