By Your Side✨

Bad Era

"I love you so much, it's unreal,"

The words leave your mouth in a fervent, whisper tucked in the curve of his clavicle, breaking the rhythm of the euphoric sighs between you. Your fingernails graze against the taut skin of his back, your head cloudy with bliss, and your body ablaze at the motion of his slender frame against yours, driving you closer to the edge of glory.

"Y/N,"

Your name never sounded sweeter than in these intimate moments, your bodies spent with ecstasy, falling into a torpid rhythm until it's just your two beating hearts in the dark.

With a contented sigh, you snuggle into his side, his arms wrapping around your waist, pulling you closer to him. A thin sheen of post-coital perspiration coats your skin, causing you to cling closer to each other than before.

"We're stuck like this," you giggle, feeling your husband pull the duvet around the both of you.

"I wouldn't care," Michael chuckles. "You don't know how happy you make me, baby,"

You grin, trailing your fingers up his chest until your fingertips trace his lips.

"You make me happier,"

It had only been two months since you and Michael had wed and you were still very much riding the wave of newlywed bliss doubled with the sweet excitement of new blossoming romance.

A mere six months ago you were perfect strangers and here you were hardly able to imagine what life was like without the other.

Your romance with Michael had been a swift, sweet whirlwind and you were still trying to make some sense out of it all. You'd met by chance while you were vacationing in London and Michael just happened to be there for a few shows of his world tour.

There was an initial, undeniable spark between you two but you thought the pursual would be pointless considering Michael was off touring the world and you had your own life elsewhere. You were not the type of girl who'd chase a pop star you barely knew around the world. Still, Michael insisted on keeping in touch with you. You didn't take his sentiments seriously until he called you a few weeks later from Switzerland.

From there, you began a long-distance courtship. You talked every day on the phone, for hours at a time.

It didn't matter if the call came in the middle of the night or the wee hours of the morning, you were always eager to hear Michael's voice.

He told you about his life on the road and how lonely he felt and how talking to you made it all better. He told you about his childhood, how being a child performer had robbed him of the simple joys other kids got to experience and how he longed for the same things normal people did- marriage, kids, and happiness.

You listened and somehow knew all the right things to say.

You enjoyed talking to Michael. He was witty and charming with a great sense of humor and his fame had not made him callused or cold. He had a way of viewing the world from the most beautiful and unique perspective.

By the time he'd stopped back in Europe, you'd realized you'd fallen for him but you kept tight-lipped about it, unsure of the true nature of your relationship.

When Michael touched down on U.S soil, he called one night after a show, professing his love to you and his desire to have you in his life. With no ring, in a hotel room in Pittsburgh, he asked for your hand in marriage.

It wasn't the proposal you'd dreamed of, still, you were overjoyed and couldn't say no.

You loved Michael and you'd never felt so deeply connected with a man before. It didn't matter if you'd only been talking on the phone your feelings were real and if you didn't take the chance now, he'd always be the one who got away.