Price Of Fame ✨

Bad Era

Trigger warning: This imagine contains depictions of violence. If you are sensitive to this topic, please read with discretion.

"Baby, what's wrong? You've been quiet all night, "

You pick at your bits of steak with another heavy sigh before slowly meeting your fiancé's ebony eyes, the soft melodious piano nearby fills the void of silence between you two.

"I just don't want you to leave," you speak softly. "The past few weeks have been so wonderful it's going to kill me to see you go,"

It wasn't the first and wouldn't be the last time work had separated the two of you but every time he had to leave, it never failed to feel painful.

Michael smiles softly before reaching for your hand across the candlelit table.

"Y/N, you're always welcome to join me on the road," he speaks softly. " I'd love the company. You know how lonely I get. I promise I've got nothing to hide,"

You giggle softly, giving his hand a squeeze.

"I trust you, Mike, " you respond. "But I have to finish shooting the season and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that movie. I can't back out on my commitments."

Michael grins.

"You're so dedicated. It's one of the things I love about you,"

You feel a familiar rush coloring your cheeks as you reach for your glass of wine.

"Tell me more things you love about me, sweet talker,"

Your fiancé bites his lip, a mischievous twinkle in his Bambi eyes.

"I'll show you the sooner we can get outta here,"

You take a long swig of zinfandel before tossing your napkin off your lap.

"Let's go,"

You paid the bill and thanked the staff for allowing you to dine before leaving your table hand in hand, an amorous rush burning between you. You'd planned to make the most of your last night together before Michael jetted off to Tokyo, hoping the memories of tonight would keep him going while on tour.

As the doors of the restaurant opened for your departure you find yourself nearly blinded by the bright flashes of cameras.

"Oh, shit," you mumble.

No matter how many times you'd been in front of a camera, you never seemed prepared for a surprise photoshoot.

Since your engagement to mega pop star Michael Jackson had been made public, you could hardly avoid the press.

You were a soap actress on a very popular daytime drama and had fame in your own right but with Michael as your soon-to-be husband, your celebrity profile has risen tenfold. You and Michael had been privately dating for a year and a half before Michael asked for your hand in marriage.

You met at a party hosted by Sophia Loren and felt instant chemistry between the two of you. Michael was handsome and charming and surprisingly very funny. You'd simply never met anyone like him before.

You must have spent all night talking to each other as the whole party seemed to disappear. You were so hypnotized, you'd forgotten to give him your number and kicked yourself all the way home but thankfully with Sofia's help, he surprised you by calling the very next day.

For there the two of you developed a sweet whirlwind romance. Even with your busy schedule, you always made time to see each other. Being a part of Hollywood yourself, you were understanding of Michael's crazy world of fame and your experience only served to strengthen your bond. You respected one another and supported each other's careers.