Entanglement✨

Dangerous Era

Requested by TheRealXonny .  Sorry it took a bit. Hope you enjoy!

You smiled, eyeing your reflection in the full bodied mirror of the hotel lobby, pleased with your appearance for the night. It was another one of your dinners with your good friend, Michael Jackson. You knew you didn't need to get dolled up for him, he liked you just the way you were, but you wanted to anyway.

You and Michael had bonded over your mutual love for children. You'd first met while you were volunteering at an orphanage that Michael had visited. You hit it off instantly, a beautiful and private friendship soon blossomed. Just as quickly as you'd connected, you unfortunately fell out of touch due to Michael's hectic schedule and touring.

When you finally reconnected, you discovered that Michael had gotten married to a beautiful woman named Joan.

You were shocked and somewhat disappointed but you didn't let it interfere with your friendship. You remained close as ever and Michael made space for you in his life, right alongside his wife and career. Your friendship was natural, almost spiritual and nothing felt strange about it. There was no rule that a married man couldn't keep a close female companion and if there was, you and Michael were the exception.

You enter the dining room and approach the table, grinning as he stands from his seat. He looks handsome in his typical red shirt and black trousers, an embellished leather jacket adds a touch of flare.

"Y/N," he beams, pressing a kiss to each of your cheeks, the loose tendrils of hair that fall in front of your eyes ticking your face. "You look gorgeous. I'm glad you could make it,"

You grin, thanking him for pulling out your chair as you settle into your seat. You place a napkin over your lap, glancing at the beautiful restaurant as he plants himself in front of you.

"The Waldorf Astoria," you sigh. "How lovely,"

Michael chuckles as a waitress stops by with two glasses of white wine.

"I knew you'd probably be running late so I already ordered. Jidori Chicken sounds okay to you?"

You nodd, picking up your wine glass. Michael was a man of elegant taste. It was one of the many qualities on a long list that you loved about him.

"It's perfect," you glance at the golden band on his finger, a sudden pang of jealousy coursing through your veins. "How's Joan?"

As your friendship with Michael continued, you'd learned to be genial with his wife. She respected the friendship you and Michael had and was seemingly easy to get along with but you weren't exactly close friends. Joan was one of those women who was painfully perfect in every way and being around her too often made you feel bad about yourself.

"Joanie's on vacation with her sister right now. I miss her. But you're here now, girl." he grins.

You take a sip of wine, a sudden blush spreading across your cheeks.

"So that's why you invited me out," you quip. "The missus is away and you're lonely."

It wasn't exactly a secret that Michael adored Joan. Since you hadn't seen them blossom as a couple before they'd gotten married, it felt strange sometimes when he talked about her.

"Not exactly. I invited you out so that we could celebrate."

"Celebrate what?" You ask, crinkling your brows in confusion.

Michael grins, reaching over to take hold of your hands as the waitress returns with a basket of bread and olive oil.

"Your new job, lovely,"